Subject: [Pals] Special PALS/MPLS/DetNet/SPRING joint meeting on Friday of IETF week

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 11:18:33 -0500

Looking at the IETF 110 agenda, you may have noticed a
PALS/MPLS/DetNet/SPRING joint session on Friday Session I (12:00-14:00 UTC)
in Room 7.

This meeting was organized as a result of three recent drafts that have
raised some basic architectural issues in proposing new applications and
uses at the bottom of the MPLS label stack. The MPLS WG owns the underlying
architecture, while PALS and DetNet both already make use of BoS, and one
of the drafts in question is proposing SR-MPLS iOAM that would also play in
that space (thus SPRING is part of this meeting as well).

We are not soliciting any further drafts or talks for this session. The
agenda is already full, and can be found at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/110/materials/agenda-110-pals-03 . The
agenda lists the drafts in question, and includes URLs for them. We are
also including ample time for open discussion following the presentations.

You are all invited to this session, which we hope will be a productive
contribution to continued
discussion on the topic.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll be the overall chair for
the session, with able co-chairing from a chair of each of the invited WGs.

Thanks,
Andy