Subject: [Pana] issue56: AAA routing based on NAI vs. ISP choice clarification

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:36:32 -0800

>From Jari Arkko:
>      - "AAA routing based on NAI vs. ISP choice"
> 
>        Section 4.2 claims that AAA routing is based on the ISP
>        choice.  I believe the first hop decision can be based on
>        this, but further on in the network it must be based on the
>        NAI (unless you revise AAA protocols).

Actually only the destination-host/destination-realm can be inferred
from the ISP choice. You are right, this does not dictate the routing,
but just the final destination of AAA traffic. Once the
destination-host/realm is set, the AAA routing will take these values
into account (not ISP choice or NAI) as I understand.

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana