Subject: [Pana] NEW: [issue61] PANA SA definition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:08:35 +0200

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

PANA Security Association:

      The representation of the trust relation between the PaC and the
      PAA that is created at the end of the authentication phase. This
      security association includes the device identifier of the peer,
      and a shared key when available.

JARI: (Technical) Hmmm.... this seems to omit some things, like
      cryptographic context. Why would a shared key not be available?
      Until it is available, you don't have an SA, right? Here's
      another cut at this definition: "A PANA security association is
      a relationship between the PaC and PAA, formed by the sharing of
      cryptographic keying material and associated context.  Security
      associations are duplex.  That is, one security association is
      needed to protect the bidirectional traffic between the PaC and
      the PAAA."

----------
category: Technical
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-xx.txt
messages: 202
nosy: dforsber
priority: Must Fix
status: Pending
title: PANA SA definition
__________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
<http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue61>
__________________________________________________
ڝ���X��X����j'�~����i����
bz���j)fj��b��?���