Subject: [Pana] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-yegin-eap-boot-rfc3118-00.txt

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:01:10 -0800

FYI...

Alper

------ Forwarded Message
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:07:49 -0500
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yegin-eap-boot-rfc3118-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

    Title        : Bootstrapping RFC3118 Delayed DHCP Authentication
              Using EAP-based Network Access Authentication
    Author(s)    : A. Yegin, H. Tschofenig, D. Forsberg
    Filename    : draft-yegin-eap-boot-rfc3118-00.txt
    Pages        : 20
    Date        : 2004-2-9
    
DHCP authentication extension (RFC3118) cannot be widely deployed due to
lack of an out-of-band key agreement protocol for DHCP clients and servers.
This draft outlines how EAP-based network access authentication mechanisms
can be used to establish a local trust relation and generate keys that can
be used in conjunction with RFC3118.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yegin-eap-boot-rfc3118-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
    "get draft-yegin-eap-boot-rfc3118-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
    [email-masked].
In the body type:
    "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yegin-eap-boot-rfc3118-00.txt".
    
NOTE:    The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
    MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
    feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
    command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
    a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
    exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
    "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
    up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
    how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

------ End of Forwarded Message

Q29udGVudC1UeXBlOiB0ZXh0L3BsYWluDUNvbnRlbnQtSUQ6IDwyMDA0LTItOTE2MDgxMC5J
LURAaWV0Zi5vcmc+DQ1FTkNPRElORyBtaW1lDUZJTEUgL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0cy9kcmFm
dC15ZWdpbi1lYXAtYm9vdC1yZmMzMTE4LTAwLnR4dA0N

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:01:10 -0800

FYI...

Alper

------ Forwarded Message

    

Send a message to:
    [email-masked].
In the body type: