Subject: RE: [Pana] Comments on draft-bournelle-pana-ctp-00

From: Giaretta Gerardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:47:11 +0200

Hi Alper, Julien,

one more comment...

> > First of all, the pana spec already has the hooks to 
> support so-called 
> > reactive handover (as outlined in 4.12 Mobility Handling). Unless 
> > there is a bug in that section, that mode should not require any 
> > changes (state machine, AVPs, etc) to the base pana spec.
> > 
> > Predictive mode was not considered in the base spec. Hence enabling 
> > that too is likely to require updates to the base spec. If we are 
> > going to keep the predictive in scope, we'll need to evaluate its 
> > impact on the base spec.
> 
> sure. I think that one of the main issue of our proposal is 
> to know (as outlined by gerardo) if we want to be totally 
> compliant with CTP. Maybe the best approach would be to keep 
> PANA as it is (no modification of state machine, AVPs etc. as 
> you mentionned) and try to use CTP with this.
>

I think the issue is that CTP was designed with MIPv6/FMIPv6 in mind.
This implies that some features are MIPv6-related (e.g. CoA, as Alper
noted). Thus, I think that the usage of CTP "as is" is not feasible in
our scenario (i.e. between two PAAs in order to transfer the PANA
context).

--Gerardo

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana