Subject: [Pana] Comments on draft-bournelle-pana-ctp-00

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:53:18 -0700

Thanks to the pana-ctp authors for this contribution.
Here are my comments on this I-D.

First of all, the pana spec already has the hooks to support so-called
reactive handover (as outlined in 4.12 Mobility Handling). Unless there
is a bug in that section, that mode should not require any changes
(state machine, AVPs, etc) to the base pana spec. 

Predictive mode was not considered in the base spec. Hence enabling that
too is likely to require updates to the base spec. If we are going to
keep the predictive in scope, we'll need to evaluate its impact on the
base spec.

Others....:

- The CTP details refer to CT between ARs. Well, the PAA does not have
to be on ARs, and this mechanism should work fine even than.

- There are updates to the base spec. For example, ISN_* are not kept as
part of session state anymore.

- "   o  The PaC previous Care-of address."
We don't really have a CoA in the context of PANA.

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:59:15 +0200

Hi alper,

 thanks for your review, please see my comments inline.

> keep the predictive in scope, we'll need to evaluate its impact on the

sure. I think that one of the main issue of our proposal is to know (as
outlined by gerardo) if we want to be totally compliant with CTP. Maybe
the best approach would be to keep PANA as it is (no modification of
state machine, AVPs etc. as you mentionned) and try to use CTP with
this.

> to be on ARs, and this mechanism should work fine even than.

you're right

> part of session state anymore.

ok, I'll correct this.

> We don't really have a CoA in the context of PANA.

that's right, I'll also correct this.

-- 
[email-masked]