Subject: RE: [Pana] Mobility Handling in PANA

From: Giaretta Gerardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:38:18 +0200

Hi Yoshi,

thanks for your comments.

> Hi Gerardo,
> 
> Another comment on draft-bournelle-pana-ctp-00.txt:
> 
> I am not sure how EAP-based re-authentication can work after 
> the PaC has successfully established a new PANA session with 
> nPAA based on the mobility optimization operation, especially 
> with NAP and ISP separated authentications.  Since PSR-PSA 
> exchange is omitted in the case of EAP-based 
> re-authentication, there is no means to negotiate on NAP and 
> ISP separate authentications between the PaC and nPAA.  Do 
> you have any thoughts on this?
> 

I'm not sure I understand your point: is this a general PANA issue or is
it related to the operations described in
draft-bournelle-pana-ctp-00.txt?

--Gerardo

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to 
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:58:08 -0400

Hi Gerardo,

> draft-bournelle-pana-ctp-00.txt?

It might be related to both.  I think that if NAP and ISP separate
authentications were made in the initial authentication, then the same
NAP and ISP separate authentications should also be made in EAP-based
re-authentication (this is a PANA issue, i.e., this should be
described in the PANA specification.)  If the same thing needs to be
done in EAP-based re-authentication after handoff (though I am not
sure the same thing needs to be done in this case), information on
whether NAP and ISP separate authentications were made in the previous
network may need to be included in PANA-CTD (this is an issue of
draft-bournelle-pana-ctp-00.txt).

Yoshihiro Ohba