Subject: [Pana] PANA framework: Configure EPs after PUR-PUA exchange.

From: Rafael Marin Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:46:12 +0200

Hi all.

In PANA framework I have seen this possible error. In figure 15 
(Appendix A.1) where IPSec-TIA is obtained by using RFC 3118:

Initially PAA configures EP(AR) by using PaC-DI value. However after 
authenticated RFC 3118 phase , PaC-DI changes : in fact, there is a 
PUR-PUA exchange using POPA as PaC-DI. This PaC-DI is not the same than 
PaC-DI configured in the EP(AR) previously. I think the EP(AR) 
configuration should be done after this exchange (PUR-PUA). PAA can know 
when, becuase it knows configuration method is RFC 3118.

comments?

Regards.

------------------------------------------------------
Rafael Marin Lopez
Faculty of Computer Science-University of Murcia
30071 Murcia - Spain
Telf: +34968367645    e-mail: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:15:23 -0400

Hi Rafa,

Thank you for pointing this out.  You are right that EP(AR)
configuration should be done after updating the device identifier of
the PaC.

BTW, since PUR-PUA exchange is not be used for DI update any more
(instead mobility handling procedure can be used for updating DI), the
PUR-PUA exchange in Figure 15 should be replaced with "DI update
procedure by using PANA mobility handling".

Yoshihiro Ohba