Subject: [Pana] range of IPsec-TIA

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:24:55 -0500

By reading the thread about per-interface PANA, I came up with 
the following issue with regard to IPsec-TIA.

In section 7 of pana-ipsec draft:

"
   PAC-TIA denotes the IPsec-TIA used by the PaC. PAC-TIA may be set to
   a PRPA when the same PRPA is used as IPsec-TIA and IPsec-TOA on the
   PaC. Otherwise, PAC-TIA is set to POPA.
"

The above text implies that there is one IPsec-TIA used by the PaC.
However, if the PaC is acting as a router through which other devices
are connected to the network, it is possible that IPsec-TIA can be a
range of IP addresses instead of a single IP address.  Should we
exclude such a scenario?

Regards,

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:21:55 -0700

> range of IP addresses instead of a single IP address.  Should we
I don't see a reason to include this scenario late in this stage. I guess
we should leave this as a future extension.

my 2 cents,
mohan