Subject: [Pana] Review of draft-ietf-pana-pana-06.txt

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:44:10 +0100

Hi all,

 this document looks good for me.

 I have, however, some minor comments:

- I also do not clearly understand the term "Authorization phase"

- p. 20 there is still a reference to the 2 sequence numbers.

- p. 24 In the list of PANA Session Attributes, we have the "List of
  device identifiers of EPs".

 does this mean that the PAA could give a list of EPs to the PaC ?

- p. 30 concerning the Re-authentication section: Does the ISP's server knows
  the authorization lifetime allocated by NAP's server and vice-versa ?

- p. 32-33 concerning Mobility section: 

 As mentionned by gerardo and draft-bournelle-pana-ctp-01.txt, use of
CTP as mentionned in the PANA specification is not trivial for
the following reasons:

 1/ PAAs are not Access Routers
 2/ CTP requires use of CTAR message to request and activate the
transfer.

 3/ In CTP, it is the CTP module which authorizes the transfer using the
authorization token included in CTAR message. In the solution proposed
by PANA, it is the PANA module (using the MAC AVP).

- p. 67 it is written that the current PAA computes a AAA-Key-int based
  on the AAA-Key, ID of new PAA and the session ID. 

 I guess that the AAA-Key-int is computed using the ID of current PAA as
mentionned p. 33. 

editorial:
---------

p. 4/p. 68

s/Livenes/Liveness

p. 10

maybe we should replace

"one hop away from" by "one IP hop away" ?

p. 36

s/eight bits/two octets/

p. 35-36

for the PANA header it is written:

"The fields are transmitted in network byte order"

for AVP header:

"The fields in the AVP header MUST be sent in network byte order"

p. 49 Termination-CAuse AVP

s/a collection of flags The/a coolection of flags. The/

p. 67

s/the the/the

-- 
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana