Subject: [Pana] [issue112] Proposed text, solicitation for comments.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:02:38 +0200

Solicitation for comments, if any.
- Dan

http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue112
Proposed text for issue112 ('M' flag clarification):

Change from (section 7.3 AVP Header):

      "M(andatory)

         The 'M' Bit, known as the Mandatory bit, indicates whether
         support of the AVP is required.

      V(endor)

         The 'V' bit, known as the Vendor-Specific bit, indicates
         whether the optional Vendor-Id field is present in the AVP
         header."

To: 

      "M(andatory)

         The 'M' Bit, known as the Mandatory bit, indicates whether
         support of the AVP is required.  

         If an AVP with the 'M' bit set is received by a PaC or PAA
         and either the AVP or its value is unrecognized, the message
         MUST be rejected and the receiver MUST send a PANA-Error
         message. If the AVP was unrecognized the PANA-Error message
         result code MUST be PANA_AVP_UNSUPPORTED.  If the AVP value
         was unrecognized the The PANA-Error message result code MUST
         be PANA_INVALID_AVP_VALUE.  In either case the PANA-Error
         message MUST carry a Failed-AVP AVP containing the offending
         mandatory AVP.
 
         AVPs with the 'M' bit cleared are informational only and a
         receiver that receives a message with such an AVP that is not
         supported, or whose value is not supported, MAY simply ignore
         the AVP.

      V(endor)

         The 'V' bit, known as the Vendor-Specific bit, indicates
         whether the optional Vendor-Id field is present in the AVP
         header.  When set the AVP Code belongs to the specific
         vendor code address space."

Add to the end of section 7.3:

   "Unless otherwise noted, AVPs defined in this document will have the
   following default AVP Flags field settings:

         The 'M' bit MUST be set.  The 'V' bit MUST NOT be set."

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana