Subject: [Pana] Issue 144: Mobility: PAA update in the AAA infrastructure

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:34:51 -0800

http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue144

   Note that correct operation of this optimization relies on many
   factors, including applicability of authorization state from one
   network attachment to another.  [I-D.ietf-eap-keying] identifies this
   operation as "fast handoff" and provides deployment considerations.
   Operators are recommended to take those guidelines into account when
   using this optimization in their networks.

This issue falls under the aforementioned "many factors" which are
concerns for the architecture, but not PANA protocol. 

I recommend we reject this issue.

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Giaretta Gerardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:20:04 +0100

Agreed.

--Gerardo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Alper Yegin
> Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 10:35 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pana] Issue 144: Mobility: PAA update in the AAA 
> infrastructure
> 
> 

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to 
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================