Subject: [Pana] more comment on draft-ietf-pana-pana-06

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 05:58:39 -0500

"
8.2.14  PANA-Error-Request (PER)

   PANA-Error is sent either by the PaC or the PAA.

         PANA-Error-Request ::= < PANA-Header: 8 REQ >
                        < Session-Id >
                        < Result-Code >
                        { Failed-AVP }
                     *  [ AVP ]
                    0*1 < MAC >
"

The Failed-AVP is defined as a required AVP in PER, but this should be
an optional AVP for an error that is not related to any AVP.  At least
the following result code is not related to any AVP:

   PANA_MESSAGE_UNSUPPORTED                3001

      Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  Message type not
      recognized or supported.

   PANA_INVALID_HDR_BITS                   3008

      Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  A message was
      received whose bits in the PANA header were either set to an
      invalid combination, or to a value that is inconsistent with the
      message type's definition.

Suggested changes:

Change section 8.2.4 to:

"
8.2.14  PANA-Error-Request (PER)

   PANA-Error is sent either by the PaC or the PAA.

         PANA-Error-Request ::= < PANA-Header: 8 REQ >
                        < Session-Id >
                        < Result-Code >
                        [ Failed-AVP ]
                     *  [ AVP ]
                    0*1 < MAC >

"

Change Figure 13 to:

                          +-------------------------------------+
                          |               Message               |
                          |                Type                 |
                          +-----+-----+-----+-----+------+------+
      Attribute Name      | PUR | PUA | PER | PEA | PRAR | PRAA |
      --------------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+------+------+
      ...
      Failed-AVP          |  0  |  0  | 0-1 |  0  |  0   |  0   |
      ...                               ^^^

Regards,

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana