Subject: [Pana] Bootstrapping Kerberos (using PANA)

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:17:22 +0100

hi all,

as you might have seen on the pana agenda i may give a presentation about a
recently written draft on bootstrapping kerberos. bootstrapping is quite
popular today (as a number of drafts show). 

during my presentation i would like to point to an open issue in many
network architectures found today. this document describes one approach to
address this problem. other approaches can be found in my enroll draft (see
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-enroll-next-steps-00.tx
t). 

here is the abstract of the draft:

Bootstrapping Kerberos 

Title : Bootstrapping Kerberos
Author(s) : H. Tschofenig, V. Sankhla
Filename : draft-tschofenig-pana-bootstrap-kerberos-00.txt

This document proposes a mechanism to obtain a Kerberos Ticket Granting
Ticket based on a successful EAP authentication and key agreement message
exchange. The initial network access authentication procedure based on EAP
is ideal for this purpose. This proposal allows Kerberos to be used within a
local network without relying on a global Kerberos infrastructure. It should
allow an incremental deployment of Kerberos and a wider distribution of
Kerberos into roaming environments. 

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana