Subject: [Pana] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-00.txt

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:26:00 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 12:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: PANA Mobility Optimizations
	Author(s)	: D. Forsberg, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-1-18
	
This specification describes PANA optimizations for handling
   mobility.  Proposed optimizations aim reducing protocol latency and
   signaling associated with PANA-based network access AAA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-00.txt
_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: "Junghoon Jee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:37:53 +0900

Hello, 

Short question about this I-D.

Is this a WG document of PANA WG or other WGs ?
or is it an individual document ?

With my understanding, the file name of 'draft-ietf-pana' means that
this I-D is a PANA WG document.

Regards,

Junghoon

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 2:26 AM
Subject: [Pana] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-00.txt

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Sasikanth Bharadwaj <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:30:15 +0530

Hi 

Here are a few inconsistencies that we came across in draft-ietf-pana-pana-07

Section 4.2 says
   A PANA-Start-Request message in stateless PAA discovery MUST NOT be
   retransmitted as this voids the statelessness on the PAA.  Instead,
   the PaC MUST retransmit the PANA-PAA-Discover message until it
   receives a PANA-Start-Request message, and retransmit the
   PANA-Start-Answer message until it receives a PANA-Auth-Request
   message.whereas in section 5.2, it is written   If the received PANA-Start-Request message included a Cookie AVP (an
   indication of stateless PAA discovery), the PaC MUST retransmit the
   PANA-PAA-Discover message until the first PANA-Auth-Request message
   is receivedI think this paragraph has to be removed or modified according to whatis said in 4.2Another one related to PANA Error RequestSection 5.5 - Message Validity Check says PANA Error Request is unexpectedand invalid in discovery and handshake phase but in section 5.10 - ErrorHandling, we find     If the cause of this error message was a request message (e.g., PANA-PAA-Discover ...BTW can anyone please tell why error requests are invalid in discoveryphase and what a PAA or PaC has to do in case it receives an erroneousmessage in that phase?ThanksSasikanth
_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana