Subject: [Pana] multiple address per interface

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:55:00 +0100

Hi all,

 let's imagine that we have a router announcing muliple prefixes on the
same interface (P1, P2,..Pn). So this interface has multiple address
(A1, A2,..., An). I colocate my PAA in the router. My question is: do I need to run one
instance of the PAA per address ?

 thanks,
-- 
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:05:46 -0800

Hi Julien,

> (A1, A2,..., An). I colocate my PAA in the router. My question is: do
I
> need to run one

You should not.

If the secure data channel is at L2 (built before or after PANA), the IP
addresses carried inside are transparent.

If the channel is at L3 (IPsec tunnel), you should be able to configure
multiple inner IP addresses via IKE. IKEv2 already supports that. IKEv1
does not have a standard IP address configuration mechanism. I don't
know if the vendor implementations can do that.

Alper