Subject: [Pana] FW: RFC 4016 on Protocol for Carrying Authentication and Network Access(PANA) Threat Analysis and Security Requirements

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:43:57 -0800

FYI.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 5:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4016 on Protocol for Carrying Authentication and Network
Access(PANA) Threat Analysis and Security Requirements

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4016

        Title:      Protocol for Carrying Authentication and Network
                    Access (PANA) Threat Analysis and Security
                    Requirements
        Author(s):  M. Parthasarathy
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 36104
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pana-threats-eval-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4016.txt

This document discusses the threats to protocols used to
carry authentication for network access.  The security requirements
arising from these threats will be used as additional input to the
Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA) Working
Group for designing the IP based network access authentication
protocol.

This document is a product of the Protocol for Carrying Authentication
for Network Access Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana