Subject: [Pana] PANA retransmission and PDI message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:23:29 +0200

PANA retransmission and PDI message.

    pana-pana-07, sec 5.2:
    "The initial discovery and handshake phase requires special
    handling. The PaC MUST retransmit the PANA-PAA-Discover message if
    a subsequent PANA-Start-Request message is not received in
    time. Even though a PANA-Start-Request message is received, the
    PANA-PAA-Discover message may still have to be retransmitted. This
    is because stateless PAA discovery requires one time transmission
    of a solicited PANA-Start-Request message. The PAA MUST NOT start
    a timer and retransmit the request in order to avoid state
    creation. If the received PANA-Start-Request message included a
    Cookie AVP (an indication of stateless PAA discovery), the PaC
    MUST retransmit the PANA-PAA-Discover message until the first
    PANA-Auth-Request message is received. Otherwise, the PaC can rely
    on the PAA to retransmit the PANA-Start-Request message as soon as
    the PaC receives the first one (i.e., the PaC can stop sending the
    PANA-PAA-Discover message)."

Shouldn't the PaC transmit a PSA message instead of retransmitting PDI?

Br,
- Dan

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:41:43 -0500

Hi Dan,

You are right, and the issue is already addressed in the following
thread:

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pana/current/msg01455.html

Regards,

Yoshihiro Ohba