Subject: RE: [Pana] Some clarifications reagrding Grouped AVP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:40:39 +0300

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. I would say that the Failed-AVP AVP should
contain THE AVP that was unsupported or contained invalid data. I
tried to catch this issue from the Diameter spec, but couldn't find a
clarification there.

   PANA_AVP_UNSUPPORTED                    5001

   The received message contained an AVP that is not recognized or
   supported and was marked with the Mandatory bit.  A PANA message
   with this error MUST contain one or more Failed-AVP AVP containing
   the AVPs that caused the failure.

   PANA_INVALID_AVP_DATA                   5004

   The message contained an AVP with an invalid value in its data
   portion.  A PANA message indicating this error MUST include the
   offending AVPs within a Failed-AVP AVP.
 
   7.3.4  Failed-AVP AVP

   The Failed-AVP AVP (AVP Code 4) provides debugging information in
   cases where a request is rejected or not fully processed due to
   erroneous information in a specific AVP.  The AVP data is of type
   Grouped.  The format of the Failed-AVP AVP is defined in [RFC3588].

Br,
- Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of ext Sasikanth Bharadwaj
Sent: 14 March, 2005 16:14
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pana] Some clarifications reagrding Grouped AVP

Hi 

I have a few questions with respect to the processing of Grouped AVPs

When an AVP inside a Grouped AVP is in error or is unrecognized, what should the resulting
PER message contain in the Failed AVP - the AVP that is in error or
the entire Grouped AVP  itself?

 If the Grouped AVP itself is sent, and the inner AVP is unrecognized, what should
be the error code - PANA_AVP_UNSUPPORTED or PANA_INVALID_AVP_DATA ??

Thanks and Regards
Sasikanth

 << File: ATT3140456.txt >> 

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana