Subject: [Pana] Clarification on Protection-Capability mismatch

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:11:12 -0400

It turned out in the pana-statemachine discussion that section 4.4
(Authentication and Authorization Phase) of pana-pana-09d is not clear
about what should be done when the PaC does not support the protection
capability indicated by the PAA.  The session should be terminated in
this case.

Solution: In pana-pana-09d, append the following sentense to the 6th
paragraph of section 4.4:

"
When the PaC does not support the protection capability indicated in
the Protection-Capability AVP, the PaC MUST send a PANA-Error-Request
message with a PANA_PROTECTION_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED result code and
terminate the PANA session.
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:26:25 -0700

This makes sense.

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> Yoshihiro Ohba
> Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 3:11 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pana] Clarification on Protection-Capability mismatch
>