Subject: [Pana] PANA & mobility optimization question

From: Rafa Marin Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 02:53:34 +0200

Hi all

I have thought about PAA's behaviour in the case of mobility optimization.

It is mandatory that if PAA wants to support Mobility Optimization, it 
must have a "state" behaviour.

I think that PAA could support both "unstate" and "state" behaviour. 
However PAA cannot know if it must use state or unstate behaviour 
because it does not know for example if PaC  wants to use  mobility or 
not.  Thus I think by adding a flag  in PDI message  that signals if 
mobility wants to be requested by PaC or not could be useful in this case.

In this way:

PaC --------- PDI(mobility flag=0) -----------> PAA
                                                                     
(paa can use non-state behavior)
    <--------------PSR(Cookie)  --------------------

or

PaC --------- PDI(mobility flag=1) -----------> PAA
                                                                     
(paa can use  state behavior)
    <--------------PSR(Nonce)  --------------------

Does it make sense for you?

Regards.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------
Rafael Marin Lopez
Faculty of Computer Science-University of Murcia
30071 Murcia - Spain
Telf: +34968367645    e-mail: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana