Subject: [Pana] [[email-masked]: draft-ietf-pana-statemachine-00 issue resolution list]

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:26:40 -0400

----- Forwarded message from Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]> -----

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: draft-ietf-pana-statemachine-00 issue resolution list

The following is an issue list for draft-ietf-pana-statemachine-00 that 
maybe part of the ietf63 pana wg agenda. There are five(5) issues, 
four(4) are resolved and one(1) unresolved - #04. The text below 
includes current proposed resolutions.

Issue #01
---------

EAP_Restart() not required as an initialization action in PaC FSM.

Current resolution:

EAP_Restart() will be removed from initialization action in PaC FSM.

Issue #02
---------

Nonce, PPAC, PCAP and ISP information AVP missing in PSR/PSA exchange in 
PAC FSM.

Current resolution:

No actions should be taken. The inclusion of the Nonce does not cause 
the statemachine to migrate to a new state or generate an event (no 
effect on the statemachine) as per pana-pana-08. Including it would not 
provide support more functionality just more information that is already 
stated in the pana-pana-08. The scenario is not expected to change with 
pana-pana-09.

Issue #03
---------

During separate authentication, if 1st EAP auth succeeded and 2nd EAP 
auth failed and PAA policy decided access should be granted, the PAC FSM 
closes the session.

Current resolution:

This is a bug in the PaC FSM WAIT_EAP_RESULT state. The following 
modifications to PaC FSM WAIT_EAP_RESULT state:

modify the state transition from:

  EAP_FAILURE &&           if (key_available())               OPEN
  (SEPARATE == Set) &&        PBA.insert_avp("MAC");
  (1ST_EAP != UNSET) &&    if (CARRY_DEVICE_ID)
  ppac_available()           PBA.insert_avp("Device-Id");
                           PBA.insert_avp("PPAC");
                           Tx:PBA();
                           Authorize();
                           SessionTimerStart();

to:

  EAP_FAILURE &&           --- same ---                       --- same ---
  (SEAPARATE == Set) &&
  PBR.RESULT_CODE == PANA_SUCCESS &&
  ppac_available()

add the following state transition:

  EAP_FAILURE &&          PBA.insert_avp("MAC");      OPEN
  (SEAPARATE == Set) &&   PBA.insert_avp("Key-Id");
  PBR.RESULT_CODE ==      if (CARRY_DEVICE_ID)
  PANA_SUCCESS &&           PBA.insert_avp
  PBR.exist_avp           ("Device-Id");
  ("Key-Id") &&           PBA.insert_avp("PPAC");
  ppac_available()        Tx:PBA();
                          Authorize();
                          SessionTimerStart();

  EAP_FAILURE &&          if (key_available())        OPEN
  (SEAPARATE == Set) &&     PBA.insert_avp("MAC");
  PBR.RESULT_CODE ==      if (CARRY_DEVICE_ID)
  PANA_SUCCESS &&           PBA.insert_avp
  !PBR.exist_avp            ("Device-Id");
  ("Key-Id") &&           PBA.insert_avp("PPAC");
  ppac_available()        Tx:PBA();
                          Authorize();
                          SessionTimerStart();

  EAP_FAILURE &&          if (key_available())        WAIT_PEA
  (SEAPARATE == Set) &&     PER.insert_avp("MAC");
  PBR.RESULT_CODE ==      PER.RESULT_CODE=
  PANA_SUCCESS &&            PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_
 !ppac_available()            UNSUPPORTED
                          Tx:PER();
                          RtxTimerStart();

remove the following state transition:

  EAP_FAILURE             if (key_available())                CLOSED
                             PBA.insert_avp("MAC");
                          Tx:PBA();

Issue #04
---------

The PANA_PROTECTION_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED error code is not supported 
in PaC and PAA FSM. This is mentioned in "Protocol Error Result Codes" 
sec of pana-pana-08 as being sent by the PaC if it is unable to support 
the PCAP.

Current resolution:

Un-resolved. Sec 4.3 of pana-pana-08 does not specify if this error 
should be treated as fatal and hence terminate the session. Should 
behavior be the same as PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED as explicity 
stated in Sec 4.3 of pana-pana-08 (the scenario is not expected to 
change with pana-pana-09).

Issue #05
---------

In STATEFUL_DISC state of PAA FSM, re-transmission timer is not stopped 
in Rx:PSA event

Current resolution:

RtxTimerStop() will be added in the exit action of Rx:PSA state 
transition in STATEFUL_DISC state of PAA FSM.

Regards,
-- victor fajardo

----- End forwarded message -----

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:21:38 -0400

> stated in the pana-pana-08. The scenario is not expected to change with 

I think we should be consistent in providing "if
... insert_avp(...)" switches for all optional AVPs.

> Issue #03

Please see my comment in separate email on this issue.

> change with pana-pana-09).

I have provided new text for pana-pana to resolve this issue, and we
should support this error code in FSM as well.

Yoshihiro Ohba