Subject: [Pana] Nits on session lifetime expiration

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:38:58 -0400

With regard to PANA session time, the specification says:

"
   The lifetime is a non-negotiable parameter that can be used by the
   PaC to manage PANA-related state.  The PaC does not have to perform
   any actions when the lifetime expires, other than optionally purging
   local state.  The PAA SHOULD initiate the PANA re-authentication
   phase before the current session lifetime expires.
"

I have overlooked this "optionally purging" part.  When the session
lifetime expires at the PaC, the purging should be mandated because
the session lifetime is also bound to AAA-Key lifetime and for
security perspective the state associated with the AAA-Key should be
deleted when the AAA-Key lifetime expires.

Proposal: s/optionally purging/purging/.

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:05:56 -0700

Yes, I think this is more explicit and better.

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> Yoshihiro Ohba
> Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 1:39 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pana] Nits on session lifetime expiration
>