Subject: [Pana] Guy BUSSCHOTS/BE/ALCATEL is out of the office.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:00:48 +0200

I will be out of the office starting  11/07/2005 and will not return until
31/07/2005.

I will be enjoying a well-deserved vacation and hope that you would wish me
well as well.

If you need urgent response to the questions you have, please contact
Michael Smeyers
e-mail : [email-masked]

Gr,

Guy

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Nagaraju <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:11:38 +0530

This query is regarding single PAA and  multiple EPs .

Section 4.2.6 of dratf-ietf-pana-snmp-04 has the following text:

       "When a PAA finds a dead or rebooted EP, the PAA should immediately
       terminate PANA sessions for PaCs that are authorized for access
       through the EP."

And framework document says :

   "When a PaC is authenticated to the PAA, the PAA should install access
control
    filters on each of the EPs under control of the PAA if the PAA cannot
    tell which EP the PaC is attached to."

    If a PAA installs filter on all the EPs, and if one of those EPs is dead
or rebooted,
    is it required to terminate the sessions for PaCs that are authorized
for access
    through the EP?

     If we do that, we are actaully deleting all the sessions when one EP is
dead or rebooted,
     as filters for all the sessions are installed on all the EPs.
    ( when a PAA doesn't have knowledge of PaCs attachment to EPs)

    Instead, can it allow all the PaCs to access the network using other
EPs?
    As PANA session still exists, reauthentication and termination can
happen at a later point of time
    and till then a PaC can access network using other EPs.

Regards,
Nagaraju

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:41:51 +0200

nagaraju,

I agree and suggest to modify the SNMP document.

thanks,
yacine