Subject: [Pana] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pana-pana-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol for carrying Authentication for Network Access Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol for Carrying Authentication for
                          Network Access (PANA)
	Author(s)	: D. Forsberg, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pana-pana-10.txt
	Pages		: 78
	Date		: 2005-7-18
	
This document defines the Protocol for Carrying Authentication for
   Network Access (PANA), a link-layer agnostic transport for Extensible
   Authentication Protocol (EAP) to enable network access authentication
   between clients and access networks.  PANA protocol specification
   covers the client-to-network access authentication part of an overall
   secure network access framework, which additionally includes other
   protocols and mechanisms for service provisioning, access control as
   a result of initial authentication, and accounting.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-pana-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pana-pana-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-pana-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Vijayarajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:51:29 +0530

Hi,
The nonce AVP is optional both in PSR/PSA messages and
first PAR/PAN messages. If it is not included in either
exchange but the EAP method derives AAA key, it would
not be possible to compute PANA_MAC_KEY. Earlier the nonce
AVP was "Required" and PSR/PSA without it would get dropped. 
So, it may be required to add an error code and send
PER either 
when first PAR/PAN does'nt contain nonce AVP and corresponding
PSR/PSA also did'nt contain nonce AVP OR
when EAP method derives AAA key but one of nonces(PaC or PAA) is
missing.

Regards,
Vijayarajan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 4:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pana] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pana-pana-10.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol for carrying Authentication
for Network Access Working Group of the IETF.

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pana-pana-10.txt".

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers