Subject: [Pana] Comments on draft-ietf-pana-ipsec-07

From: Vijayarajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:26:42 +0530

Hi,
I have a couple of comments on draft-ietf-pana-ipsec-07
 
1.	The tables should include a column for Next Layer Protocol since
PANA_PORT for UDP only should have BYPASS rule
 
2.	It could be mentioned somewhere that the following SPD entry in
PaC should be added only after PANA authentication (atleast it should
not be added during PANA initialization). Otherwise, traffic driven
discovery is not possible.
PaC's SPD:
Rule 3    ANY      ANY       ANY      ANY        DISCARD
   
Probably, this rule should not be present in EP as well, if traffic
driven discovery is allowed. It could be taken care during the
forwarding.
 
3.	If traffic driven discovery is not supported, PaC should able to
send PDI messages. So, another rule like the following may be required
at PaC.
 
      Rule      LADDR     RADDR                                   LPORT
RPORT       Action  
----      -----     -----                                   -----
-----       ------ 
Rule 2    ANY       (PAA admin-scoped multicast address)    ANY
PANA_PORT   BYPASS
 
            I am not sure whether all implementations allow a multicast
address in RADDR field. But since the action is BYPASS, i am thinking
they could.
            
Regards,
Vijayarajan
_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:04:36 -0700

VijayaRajan

Thanks for your comments..

> PANA_PORT for UDP only should have BYPASS rule
Okay.

> driven discovery is allowed. It could be taken care during the
okay.

> send PDI messages. So, another rule like the following may be required
I know of implementations that could, so i would add one.

-mohan

> Vijayarajan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------