Subject: [Pana] Mobility optimizations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:06:29 +0300

Hi all,

I would like to propose a change to the pana-mobopts draft, namely to
take away the responsibility of the PAA's to derive keys for each other.
This is something similar to what happens in WiMAX and WLAN. 

I think that with pana-mobopts we address a different case that with the
pre-authentication. Pre-authentication is probably useful for cases,
where the PAA is higher in the network hierarchy (i.e. an access GW).
Pana-mobopts is more efficient when PAA is lower in the hierarchy (i.e.
for example in the access router).

When we start to optimize for mobility the generalization of PAA
placement is not sufficient anymore, because different requirements
apply. Thus, I think that there is need for both of these approaches
(pre-authentication and pana-mobopts).

Any comments?

Br,
- Dan

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:04:12 +0200

hi Dan, all,

> This is something similar to what happens in WiMAX and WLAN. 

 if the nPAA does not receive the AAA-Key-int, how do the PaC and nPAA
 can bind the new PANA session ?

> (pre-authentication and pana-mobopts).

 I agree with you. I think that pana-mobopts is useful while PaC roams
 inside the same administrative domain (intra-domain) and if it's the
 same access technology. pre-authentication is useful for inter-domain
 handover or vertical-handover.
-- 
julien.bournelle at int-evry.fr