Subject: [Pana] Issue 212 (AD-review, pana-fwk, section 10.2)

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:40:51 -0500

http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue212

Summary
-------

- The text about dynamic/static configuration is simply removed.
- Revise other text according to AD's suggestion.

Proposed Text
-------------

"
10.2  Wireless LAN Example

   This section describes how PANA can be used on WLANs.  PANA may
   bootstrap either link-layer or IP-layer security.  IP-layer
   security uses IPsec-based data traffic protection, bootstrapped by
   PANA.  When IP-layer security is used, link-layer security is not
   necessary.  The PAA indicates to the PaC whether IP-layer or
   link-layer protection is necessary via the Protection-Capability
   AVP in a PANA-Bind-Request message.  The most common deployment cases
   are expected to be (1) a co-located EP and Access Point (AP)
   bootstrapping link-layer security, or (2) an Access Router (AR)
   co-located with a PAA (and perhaps an EP) bootstrapping IP-layer
   security.  These cases are depicted together in Figure 10.
"

Regards,

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana