Subject: [Pana] Issue 207 (take 2)

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 09:32:36 -0500

Based on Alper's comment, this is revised text for Section 7.2:

"
7.2  Notification of PaC Presence

   When PAA and EP are separated and PAA is configured to be the
   initiator of the discovery and initial handshake phase of PANA,
   EP has the responsibility to detect presence of a new PaC and
   notifies the PAA(s) of the presence [RFC4058].  Such a presence
   notification is carried in a PAA-EP protocol message.  SNMP
   [I-D.ietf-pana-snmp] or a proprietary protocol MAY
   be used for carrying the presence notification.
"

Also to be consistent, change the following paragraph in Section 7:

"
   When a PaC is authenticated and authorized, the PAA should notify
   EP(s) and ask for installing filtering rules to allow the PaC to send
   and receive data traffic.  SNMP is used between PAA and EP(s) for
   this purpose when these entities are not co-located [I-D.ietf-pana-
   snmp].
"

to:

"
   When a PaC is authenticated and authorized, the PAA should notify
   EP(s) and ask for installing filtering rules to allow the PaC to send
   and receive data traffic.  SNMP [I-D.ietf-pana-snmp] or a
   proprietary protocol MAY be used between PAA and EP(s) for this
   purpose when these entities are not co-located.
"

Regards,

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana