Subject: [Pana] Issue 214 (AD-review, pana-fwk, section 10.2.1.1 Case B)

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:41:26 -0500

>   Case B: IPsec-TIA obtained by using IKE
>
>      In this case, the PRPA is obtained by using DHCPv4 and used as the
>      IPsec-TOA.  The POPA is obtained by using IKE (via a Configuration
>      Payload exchange or equivalent) and used as the IPsec-TIA.  An
>      example sequence for Case B is shown in Figure 12.
>
>
The difference between Figure 11 and Figure 12 seem gratuitous at best.
I stared and stared at these until I found the one line under "IKE" as
the difference. As a general comment, shorter is better, so you could
probably consolidate these charts as the difference between them is not
very significant (also, it seems odd to put fig 12 after Case C when it
refers to case B, though this should be a moot point if you consolidate
the charts). Also, remember that one of the ADs that will be reviewing
this section is blind, it would help if reliance on ASCII art was limited.

  Ohba: Thank you for pointing this out.  I think removing Figure 12
  works best.  The proposed changes are described below:

  [1] Remove Figure 12.

  [2] Change the following text:

  "
   Case B: IPsec-TIA obtained by using IKE

      In this case, the PRPA is obtained by using DHCPv4 and used as the
      IPsec-TOA.  The POPA is obtained by using IKE (via a Configuration
      Payload exchange or equivalent) and used as the IPsec-TIA.  An
      example sequence for Case B is shown in Figure 12.
  "

  to:

   Case B: IPsec-TIA obtained by using IKE

  "
      Like Case A, the PRPA is obtained by using DHCPv4 and used as
      the IPsec-TOA.  The difference is that the POPA is obtained by
      using IKE (via a Configuration Payload exchange or equivalent)
      and used as the IPsec-TIA.
  "

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana