Subject: [Pana] can we close issue 230

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:14:21 +0100

hi all, 
hi yoshi, 

can we close issue 230
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue230
based on the following text?

change from: 

"
5.9  Session Lifetime

   The authentication and authorization phase determines the PANA
   session lifetime when the network access authorization succeeds.  The
   Session-Lifetime AVP MAY be optionally included in the PANA-Bind-
   Request message to inform the PaC about the valid lifetime of the
   PANA session.  It MUST be ignored when included in other PANA
   messages.

   The lifetime is a non-negotiable parameter that can be used by the
   PaC to manage PANA-related state.  The PaC does not have to perform
   any actions when the lifetime expires, other than purging local
   state.  The PAA SHOULD initiate the PANA re-authentication phase
   before the current session lifetime expires.

   The PaC and PAA MAY optionally rely on lower-layer indications to
   expedite the detection of a disconnected peer.  Availability and
   reliability of such indications depend on the specific access
   technologies.  A PANA peer can use the PANA-Ping exchange to verify
   the disconnection before taking an action.
"

to 

"
5.9  Session Lifetime

   The authentication and authorization phase determines the PANA
   session lifetime when the network access authorization succeeds.  The
   Session-Lifetime AVP MAY be included in the PANA-Bind-
   Request message to inform the PaC about the PANA session lifetime. 
   It MUST be ignored when included in other PANA
   messages.

   When the Session-Lifetime AVP is not included in the PANA-Bind-
   Request message then the PaC has no knowledge about a PANA session
   limitation and MUST therefore conclude that the session is not
limited. 

   The PaC and the PAA MAY use information obtained outside PANA (e.g.,
lower-
   layer indications) to expedite the detection of a disconnected peer.

   Availability and reliability of such indications MAY depend on a
specific link 
   layer or network tolopology and are therefore only hints. A PANA peer
SHOULD 
   use the PANA-Ping message exchange to verify the lifeness of a peer
before 
   taking an action.
"

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:41:21 -0500

I have one comment (see below).

>    before the current session lifetime expires.

The above paragraph is somehow missing in the proposed text below and
it should stay in the new text in the place suggested below.

>    limitation and MUST therefore conclude that the session is not

Insert:

"
     The lifetime is a non-negotiable parameter that can be used by
     the PaC to manage PANA-related state.  The PaC does not have to
     perform any actions when the lifetime expires, other than purging
     local state.  The PAA SHOULD initiate the PANA re-authentication
     phase before the current session lifetime expires.
"

>    use the PANA-Ping message exchange to verify the lifeness of a peer

Yoshihiro Ohba