Subject: [Pana] Re: [issue220] Cryptographic randomness for cookie (Section 4.2)

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:07:20 -0500

Randomness of Nonce AVP has been addressed in the issues listed below, 
but we need to do the same thing for Cookie AVP in this issue.

Here is suggested text:

[1] In section 4.2, change:

"
   o  Cookie AVP: contains a random value that is generated by the PAA
      and used for making PAA discovery robust against blind resource
      consumption DoS attacks.
"

to:

"
      Cookie AVP: contains a random value that is generated by the PAA
      according to [RFC4086] and used for making PAA discovery robust
      against blind resource consumption DoS attacks.
"

[2] Change section 8.1 from:

"
8.1.  Cookie AVP

   The Cookie AVP (AVP Code 1) is used for carrying a random value
   generated by the PAA.  The AVP data is of type OctetString.  The
   random value is referred to as a cookie and used for making PAA
   discovery robust against blind resource consumption DoS attacks.  The
   exact algorithms and syntax used by the PAA to generate a cookie does
   not affect interoperability and not specified in this document.  An
   example cookie generation algorithm is shown in Section 4.3.
"

to:

"
8.1.  Cookie AVP

   The Cookie AVP (AVP Code 1) is used for carrying a
   random value generated by the PAA according to [RFC4086].  The
   AVP data is of type OctetString.  The random value is referred to
   as a cookie and used for making PAA discovery robust against blind
   resource consumption DoS attacks.  The exact algorithms and syntax
   used by the PAA to generate a cookie does not affect
   interoperability and not specified in this document.  An
   example cookie generation algorithm is shown in Section 4.3.
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 01:52:51PM +0000, Hannes Tschofenig PANA-Issues wrote:
> 
> Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> added the comment:
> 
> [hannes] i already proposed text with 
> issue # 239
> http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue239
> and issue # 235
> http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue235
> ___________________________________________________
> PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
> <http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue220>
> ___________________________________________________
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana