Subject: [Pana] Issue 221: AD comment on "MAC"

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:11:13 +0200

> Here is the "MAC" conflict I referred to earlier. You could fix this by 
> renaming the MAC AVP, or calling this a "layer 2 address" as you do 
> earlier in the doc. I think renaming the MAC AVP makes more sense, but 
> do as you like.

I would prefer keeping "MAC AVP", and chaning "MAC address" to
"link-layer address".

[hannes] what about using the term "AUTH AVP" similarly as the ikev2 spec
uses 
the term AUTH payload. 

Alper> I'm inclined towards using "AUTH AVP" as well... 

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:11:30 -0500

AUTH AVP works for me as well.

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:19:22 -0500

Additional comment:

To be consistent with the terminology change, we should change related
terms as well, i.e.,

s/PANA_MAC_KEY/PANA_AUTH_KEY/
s/PANA_MAC_PRF/PANA_AUTH_PRF/

Yoshihiro Ohba