Subject: [Pana] Issue236 (proposed resolution)

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:58:18 -0500

http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue236

Here is the proposed change for Section 8.10 considering language tag:

[1] Change:

"
8.10  Notification AVP

   The Notification AVP (AVP Code 10) is optionally used to convey a
   displayable message sent by either the PaC or the PAA.  It can be
   included in any message, whether it is a request or answer.  In case
   a notification needs to be sent but there is no outgoing PANA message
   to deliver this AVP, a PANA-Update-Request that only carries a
   Notification AVP SHOULD be generated.

   The 'M' bit in the AVP header of this AVP MUST NOT be set.

   Receipt this AVP does not change PANA state.
   AVP data is of type OctetString and it contains UTF-8 encoded ISO
   10646 characters [RFC2279].  The length of the displayable message is
   determined by the AVP Length field.  The message MUST NOT be null
   terminated.
"

To:

"
8.10  Notification AVP

   The Notification AVP (AVP Code 10) is optionally used to convey a
   displayable message sent by either the PaC or the PAA.  It can be
   included in any message, whether it is a request or answer.  In case
   a notification needs to be sent but there is no outgoing PANA message
   to deliver this AVP, a PANA-Update-Request that only carries a
   Notification AVP SHOULD be generated.

   The 'M' bit in the AVP header of this AVP MUST NOT be set.

   Receipt of this AVP does not change PANA state.

   AVP data is of type OctetString and it contains the following
   fields in the listed order:

   Language Tag Length

     This field contains the length of the Language Tag in octets.
     The length of this field is 2 octets.

   Language Tag

     This field contains the language tag defined in
     [I-D.ietf-ltru-registry] to indicate the language used for
     Displayable String.  The length of this data is determined by the
     Language Tag Length field.

   Displayable String

     This field contains UTF-8 encoded ISO 10646 characters [RFC2279]
     using the language indicated by the Language Tag.  The length of
     this data is determined by the AVP Length field and the Language
     Tag Length field.  This data MUST NOT be null terminated.
"

[2] Add reference to draft-ietf-ltru-registry.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana