Subject: [Pana] Issue 222: Misc. comments on Section 4.3

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:11:13 +0200

>   A PANA-Start-Request message MAY carry a Cookie AVP that contains a
>   random value generated by the PAA.  The random value is referred to
>   as a cookie.  The cookie is used for preventing the PAA from
resource
>   consumption DoS attacks by blind attackers which bombard the PAA
with
>   PANA-PAA-Discover messages.  By relying on a cookie mechanism the
PAA
>   can avoid per-PaC state creation until after the PaC can produce the
>   same cookie in its PANA-Start-Answer message. 
>

But the PAA-Discover still must be processed, so it should be
rate-limited.

Alper> Would saying "Additionally, PAA MAY limit the rate it processes
incoming PANA-PAA-Discover messages." be sufficient?

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:30:18 -0500

> incoming PANA-PAA-Discover messages." be sufficient?

I think so.

Yoshihiro Ohba