Subject: [Pana] Issue 226: Dealing with authentication failure without EAP-Failure

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:11:13 +0200

>
>   EAP authentication can fail at a pass-through authenticator without
>   sending an EAP Failure message [I-D.ietf-eap-statemachine].  When
>   this occurs, the PAA SHOULD send a PANA-Error-Request message to the
>   PaC with using PANA_UNABLE_TO_COMPLY result code.  The PaC SHOULD
not
>   change its state unless the error message is secured by PANA or
>   lower-layer.  In any case, a more appropriate way is to rely on a
>   timeout on the PaC.
>  
>
SHOULD or MUST is pretty important for the above, I think.

Alper> I think this better be a "MUST".

I assume the timeout referred to here is defined somewhere in this
document?

Alper> Section 9 defines the timers.

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:34:17 -0500

> Alper> I think this better be a "MUST".

There are two "SHOULD" in the above text.  Both "SHOULD" occurrences
should be replaced with "MUST"?

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 02:04:14 +0200

> should be replaced with "MUST"?

I think the first is SHOULD, and the second is MUST.

Alper