Subject: [Pana] IPv4 link-local addresses as PRPA

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:38:04 +0200

Our AD Mark Townsley brought up a point with the use of IPv4 link-local
addresses. Apparently it is not widely implemented on the current routers.
For that, he advised we add a statement to the text. 

Please note the last sentence added to the following paragraph
(pana-framework, section 5 bullet 2 under PRPA configuration):

      In case there is no running DHCP server on the link, the client
      would fall back to configuring a PRPA via zeroconfiguration
      technique [I-D.ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal].  This yields a long-
      term address that can only be used for on-link communication. 
      (Note: At time of this writing, the zeroconfiguration technique
      is not widely implemented in routers.)

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:58:26 -0500

Done.

The latest snapshot is available at:

http://panasec.org/docs/editing/draft-ietf-pana-framework-06f.txt

Yoshihiro Ohba