Subject: [Pana] PANA and IEEE 802.11i draft

From: Rafa Marin Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:30:19 -0500

Hi all

Y. Ohba, J. Bournelle and I have submitted an I-D draft explaining how 
PANA can bootstrap IEEE 802.11 security (802.11i) .

The abstract is:

   "PANA (Protocol for carrying Authentication for Network Access) is a
   link-layer agnostic transport for Extensible Authentication Protocol
   (EAP) to enable network access authentication between clients and
   access networks.

   PANA framework defines two types of security associations which can
   be bootstrapped as a consequence of PANA execution: IP layer security
   is established with IPsec by using IKE and link-layer security with
   WPA/IEEE 802.11i in PSK mode.

   This document is focused on how PANA can bootstrap link layer
   security through IEEE 802.11i and exposes issues which can be raised
   as a consequence of this interaction."

So far , you can find the I-D in this URL

http://www.opendiameter.org/docs/draft-marin-pana-ieee802doti-00.txt

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------
Rafael Marin Lopez
Faculty of Computer Science-University of Murcia
30071 Murcia - Spain
Telf: +34968367645    e-mail: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana