Subject: [Pana] pana-snmp questions

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:04:31 -0500

I just have a few comments regarding pana-snmp draft.

1. It was not clear to me in the pana-snmp draft which MIB is used to 
explicitly remove EP filtering or access control information during 
termination. I'm assuming it is done via authorization lifetime (??) but 
this may not be sufficient since we may need to differentiate between 
session lifetime/termination and pana mobopts in the EP of the prePAA. 
If not, it is possible to have lingering EP filter entries in the prePAA 
after handover. Maybe additional MIB definition(s) is required after a 
successful CT-req/CT-resp exchange to indicate this scenario ?

2. As stated by Nagaraju, there are issue with panaNewPacL2Notification. 
I think this maybe due to the older pana draft where pana messages can 
be sent and received via L2 addresses with a 'null' IP source or dest 
address. So this notification may not be relevant anymore. Also, since 
on-link restrictions has been relaxed in pana, i.e., multi-hop pana, L2 
notifications is probably less.

regards,
victor

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:32:20 +0100

Hello Victor,

1) yes, you can explicitly remove a EP filter using SNMP.
2) the issue with panaNewPacL2Notification has been treated separately.

yacine