Subject: [Pana] PANA WG Last Call on "DHCP options for PANA Authentication Agents"

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:39:35 +0300

This message announces a PANA WG Last Call on "DHCP options for PANA
Authentication Agents" <draft-ietf-dhc-paa-option-03.txt>.  The last
call will conclude at 1700EDT on Fri, 2006-09-01.

Note that there is a parallel WG last call on this document in the
DHC WG.  Discussion may take place on either PANA or DHC lists, and
will be coordinated as needed by the WG chairs.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not
represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be advanced
to the IESG.

draft-ietf-dhc-paa-option-03.txt defines DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 options
that allow a PANA client (PaC) to discover PANA Authentication Agents
(PAA).  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-paa-option-03.txt

- Chairs

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 07:07:51 -0400

I've read the document and I have two comments:

[1] One of "Requirements Language" and "Requirements" sections seems redundant.

[2] In Sections 5 and 6:

"
   option-length:      Length of the 'options' field in octets;
                       Must be a multiple of four (4)
"

"
   option-length:      Length of the 'options' field in octets;
                       Must be a multiple of sixteen (16)
"

Shouldn't the "Must" be a "MUST"?

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba