Subject: [Pana] L bit

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:30:14 +0200

What does it mean when the "stateLess handshake" L bit is set to zero? 
With discovery removed, will it always be 1 within the scope of this 
document? If so, I think that needs to be called out explicitly.

- Mark

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:37:39 -0400

When L-flag is set to zero, it means stateful handshake is performed.
In stateful handshake, PAA sends a PSR without including a Cookie AVP
and retransmits the PSR until it receives a PSA.  Section 4.3
describes this.

Regardless of L-flag, PaC and PAA need to go through handshake phase
(either stateless or stateful) with a PSR/PSA exchange before entering
authentication and authorization phase.

Yoshihiro Ohba