Subject: [Pana] Additional condition to terminate a message exchange

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 01:15:54 -0400

In Sectino 9:

"
   PANA retransmission timers are based on the model used in DHCPv6
   [RFC3315].  Variables used here are also borrowed from this
   specification.  PANA is a request response like protocol.  The
   message exchange terminates when either the request sender
   successfully receives the appropriate answer, or when the message
   exchange is considered to have failed according to the retransmission
   mechanism described below.
"

I think the message exchange should also terminate when the request
sender receives a protected PANA-Error-Request for the request.

Proposal: Change the above text to:

"
   PANA retransmission timers are based on the model used in DHCPv6
   [RFC3315].  Variables used here are also borrowed from this
   specification.  PANA is a request response like protocol.  The
   message exchange terminates when the request sender
   successfully receives the appropriate answer, or when a protected
   PANA-Error-Request message for the request is received, or when the
   message exchange is considered to have failed according to the
   retransmission mechanism described below.
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:38:04 +0300

This makes sense too.

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Yoshihiro Ohba [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:16 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pana] Additional condition to terminate a message exchange
> 
> In Sectino 9:
> 
> "