Subject: [Pana] Minor fix on pana-pana Section 5.5

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:48:48 -0400

- Ping request should not be processed in authentication and
authorization phase (as ping request sender is allowed to send ping
request in access phase only).

- Additinal 'S' (Start) bit and 'C' (Complete) bit wording is missing
to refer to initial and last PANA-Auth-Request messages.

Change:

"
  o  The message type is one of the expected types in the current
      state.  Specifically the following messages are unexpected and
      invalid:

      *  In the authentication and authorization phase:

         +  PANA-Client-Initiation after completion of the initial
            PANA-Auth-Request and PANA-Auth-Answer exchange.

         +  Re-authentication request.

         +  The last PANA-Auth-Request as well as ping request before
            completion of the initial PANA-Auth-Request and
            PANA-Auth-Answer exchange.

         +  The initial PANA-Auth-Request after a PaC receives a valid
            non-initial PANA-Auth-Request.

         +  PANA-Termination-Request.
"

to:

"
  o  The message type is one of the expected types in the current
      state.  Specifically the following messages are unexpected and
      invalid:

      *  In the authentication and authorization phase:

         +  PANA-Client-Initiation after completion of the initial
            PANA-Auth-Request and PANA-Auth-Answer exchange with 'S'
            (Start) bit set.

         +  Re-authentication request.

         +  Ping request.

         +  The last PANA-Auth-Request with 'C' (Complete) bit set
            before completion of the initial PANA-Auth-Request and
            PANA-Auth-Answer exchange with 'S' (Start) bit set.

         +  The initial PANA-Auth-Request with 'S' (Start) bit set after a PaC
            receives a valid non-initial PANA-Auth-Request with 'S' (Start)
            bit cleared.

         +  PANA-Termination-Request.
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana