Subject: [Pana] DSLF Requirement analysis

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 03:38:50 +0200

In the spirit of analyzing the DSLF's Subscriber Authentication Requirements
as presented through a liaison letter on May 25, 2007, we discussed the
following material during IETF 70 PANA WG meeting.

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/pana-3.ppt

We have reached consensus among the PANA WG members present in the room. In
order to make this an official WG consensus, we are running this by the WG
via mailing list.

If you have any feedback, please send an e-mail on the mailing list by
December 11, 2007 Tuesday 6pm PT. 

If there is no objection, IETF PANA WG will send a liaison letter to DSLF
based on this consensus.

- IETF PANA WG Chairs 

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 01:38:23 -0500

I support sending the material to the DSLF.  

Since the PANA WG has been working for more than 6 years on the
specific problem space where the DSLF is seeking a solution, and there
is no other IETF WG that has been working on the problem space, I
don't see any problem with sending technical input from the PANA WG to
the DSLF on this matter.  I would rather think it's very strange and
unfair if this attempt were to be blocked.

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 23:53:15 +0100

Hi Alper,

thanks for compiling this slide set.
The analysis sounds accurate to me.

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Subir Das <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:32:23 -0500

Fine with me too.

regards,
-Subir

---

From: Ashutosh Dutta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:56:29 -0500

Alper,
        I could not attend IETF meeting at Vancouver this time. However, 
I went over the PANA analysis slides that you sent covering DSLF 
Subscriber Auth Requirement.

	I agree that it would be a good idea to start the process of 
communicating with DSLF forum by providing them with this analysis and 
seek if they have any more requirement that needs to be looked at.

Regards
Ashutosh