Subject: [Pana] work items

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 00:41:12 +0200

One of the things we'd be discussing in the PANA meeting is work scope and
re-chartering. 

Now that we delivered the base specification to the RFC editor, we are
advised by the ADs to revise the charter. Also, we have several work items
on our plate and we need to go back and see where each one is standing and
discuss what to do with them.

We are going to have a discussion on that in Philadelphia and seek WG's
input. Please be prepared.

These are the current WG documents (except for the ones in RFC editor's
queue):

Active:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pana-preauth-02
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pana-statemachine-06

IESG Processing:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pana-ipsec-07

Expired:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ieft-pana-aaa-interworking-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pana-cxtp-01
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-01

The following two are expired, but in fact they should not even show up in
WG list as we had decided to kill them:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pana-snmp-06
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pana-usage-scenarios-06

For each of these documents, we need to discuss the current status and
future plan. Also, if there are new documents to be considered as a WG item,
that should also be brought up.

Early feedback on the mailing list is welcome.

- Chairs

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Frank Xia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:25:27 -0600

Hi Alper

We had a draft  called "simplified Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access"
which missed the deadline of the submission.
IMO, it is a good topic to discuss in the meeting.

I  wonder if  it is proper to send out through the mailing list.

The abstract is:
"   This document describes simplified Protocol for Carrying
   Authentication for Network Access (sPANA).  Since in the broadband
   (e.g.  DSL forum, WiMAX forum) architecture, a Network Access Server
   (NAS) is one IP hop away from the user, it is possible to relax the
   need in PANA to obtain an IP address prior to authentication.  The
   PANA client (PaC) could use a unspecified IP address (i.e. 0.0.0.0)
   for authentication.  This document also defines PANA Attribute-Value
   Pairs (AVPs) and procedures that allow for a Challenge-Handshake
   Authentication Protocol(CHAP) exchange to occur in PANA.  PANA CHAP
   support facilitate smooth migration from Point-to-Point Protocol
   (PPP) sessions to IP sessions in a DSL Broadband network environment.
   The sPANA protocol is fully compatible with the basic PANA protocol."

BR
Frank

---

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:56:34 +0200

Frank,

You can post it somewhere on the web and send a link on the mailing list.

Alper 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Frank Xia [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 10:25 PM
> To: Alper Yegin; [email-masked]
> Cc: John Kaippallimalil
> Subject: Re: [Pana] work items
> 
> Hi Alper
>

---

From: "Frank Xia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:20:28 -0600

Hi Alper

According to your suggestion, I uploaded the draft in this place:
http://www-etud.iro.umontreal.ca/~sarikaya/pana/draft-xia-pana-simplified-00.txt

Comments are welcome!

BR
Frank

---

From: "Julien Bournelle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:40:56 +0100

Hi alper, all,

 comments inline

>  input. Please be prepared.

 I won't be able to attend next PANA meeting but below his my input.

>  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ieft-pana-aaa-interworking-00

 I think this document is still needed. I can help if needed.

>  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pana-mobopts-01

 If there is still interest in the WG on this, I can provide an update
of pana-cxtp and
help on pana-mobopts. Interest shoud be gauge during the meeting but I
am in favor
of having these 2 documents published.

 Regards,

 Julien Bournelle / Orange Labs