Subject: [PANRG] Brian Trammell's Yes on draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Brian Trammell via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 08:16:26 -0800

Brian Trammell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-14: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Both after a final review, and as an RG chair who watched this document
develop: this work is the result of two years of discussion and consideration
of the history of path-aware-like approaches in the Internet; it is fairly
comprehensive in scope (another Yes ballot references missing multicast, which
I believe was intentional out of respect for the rabbithole that represents)
and extracts useful lessons both for the research group as well as for the
wider Internet protocol engineering community with respect to the wider space
of transport-network cooperation. It is ready for publication in its current
form.