Subject: [PANRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 05:55:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Aware Networking RG RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Path Aware Networking: Obstacles to Deployment (A Bestiary of Roads Not Taken)
        Author          : Spencer Dawkins
	Filename        : draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-18.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2021-03-08

Abstract:
   At the first meeting of the Path Aware Networking Research Group, the
   research group agreed to catalog and analyze past efforts to develop
   and deploy Path Aware techniques, most of which were unsuccessful or
   at most partially successful, in order to extract insights and
   lessons for path-aware networking researchers.

   This document contains that catalog and analysis.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-18
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-18

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-18

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 05:45:36 -0600

Just so no one is surprised during our Thursday session, we've now gone
from -12 at Publication Requested to -18 for this draft, based entirely on
reviews and (non-blocking) comments that I've received.

I submitted this version on Monday of IETF 110, but I had posted the text
on February 14 on the mailing list.

Several of the ADs provided comments that this document was very useful
during IETF Conflict Review, so I'd like to get it to Colin for what I
believe is final approval by the end of this month.

I'll be talking about this update specifically during the PANRG session
(slides at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/slides-110-panrg-update-on-draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do/),
and my questions will be

   - Did we Do The Right Thing by including a contribution on ECN?
   - Is there a better way to describe the ECN lesson than “you get one
   chance to get it right”?
   - Is that lesson “invariant”?
      - “well-understood and likely to be applicable for any PAN solution”

I'll be asking for feedback on this contribution, and the Lessons Learned,
by March 26 on the mailing list. If you have questions or comments, you can
start sending e-mail any time.

And thanks for all the feedback you've provided on this draft.

Best,

Spencer

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 7:57 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Panrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/panrg
>