Subject: [PANRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-panrg-questions-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 01:29:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Aware Networking RG RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Current Open Questions in Path Aware Networking
        Author          : Brian Trammell
	Filename        : draft-irtf-panrg-questions-09.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-04-16

Abstract:
   In contrast to the present Internet architecture, a path-aware
   internetworking architecture has two important properties: it exposes
   the properties of available Internet paths to endpoints, and provides
   for endpoints and applications to use these properties to select
   paths through the Internet for their traffic.  While this property of
   "path awareness" already exists in many Internet-connected networks
   within single domains and via administrative interfaces to the
   network layer, a fully path-aware internetwork expands these concepts
   across layers and across the Internet.

   This document poses questions in path-aware networking open as of
   2021, that must be answered in the design, development, and
   deployment of path-aware internetworks.  It was originally written to
   frame discussions in the Path Aware Networking proposed Research
   Group (PANRG), and has been published to snapshot current thinking in
   this space.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-panrg-questions/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-irtf-panrg-questions-09.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-panrg-questions-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Brian Trammell (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 10:31:59 +0200

Greetings, all,

This (hopefully final ;) ) revision of the questions draft addresses the "what is a path" question raised toward the end of IRSG review, as discussed at our meeting during IETF 110, and I believe (editor hat) makes the document ready for final publication.

Thanks, cheers,

Brian

> On 16 Apr 2021, at 10:29, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Panrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/panrg