Subject: [PANRG] Reminder of ACM SIGCOMM-NAI 2021 (New Extended Submission Deadline: May 31, 2021)

From: Qiao Xiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 12:22:42 +0800

Dear PANRG members,

The IETF ALTO working group is working with industrial and academic
partners to organize the second ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Network-Application
Integration (NAI'21). We believe the theme of this workshop is highly
related to the focus of PANRG, and would like to invite your engagement to
this workshop. In alignment with many other SIGCOMM workshops, we have
extended the submission deadline to May 31, 2021. Please consider
submitting your work.

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

-----------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

2021 ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Network-Application Integration (NAI'21)

August 27, 2021

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2021/workshop-nai.html

-----------------------------------------------------

The Internet was designed and launched 50 years ago to satisfy yet
unforeseen applications, and the Internet's adaptation and scalability have
been proved remarkably successful over the years. However, the
general-purpose and best-effort model of the Internet continues to be
challenged with an ever-growing demand for more complex applications with
stricter application-specific requirements. How can we deliver 4k videos to
everybody? How can we ensure ultra-low latency for applications such as
self-driving cars and cloud gaming? How do applications adapt when the
underlying infrastructure cannot provide the services such as reliability
or security?

The Second ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Network-Application Integration/CoDesign
(NAI) seeks to build on the success of the first workshop (
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2020/workshop-nai.html) and
continue to foster discussions on this topic. We invite researchers from
academia and industry as well as engineers to explore novel ideas and
future directions of NAI. Topics of Interest include, but are not limited
to:

- Network abstraction models (e.g., resource, state)

- Exposure of network information and control interfaces

- Data collection (e.g., measurement) for network abstraction

- Coordination of information and decisions across multiple domains
(regions and technology layers)

- Data processing techniques to generate network abstraction (e.g., low
level, filtering)

- Data distribution techniques (i.e., how, when and where to make data
available for processing/analysis) for real-time network information
exposure

- Validation of network abstractions (e.g., conforming to model)

- Privacy analysis of exposing network and application information

- Economical/game-theoretical analysis of network information/service
exposure

- Stability design and analysis of application-network control loop

- Optimality design and analysis of application-network control loop

- Condition management and conflict resolution in complex closed-loop
systems

- Control with multiple dimensional constraints (privacy, policy, beyond
networking)

- Co-design for specialized apps (e.g., video, ML, IoT)

- Integrating learning and big data analytics (e.g., wide area, application
and user)

- Experience and deployment of application-network co-design and integration

- Application adaptation to network information/service models

Submission Instructions：

Submissions must be original, unpublished work, and not under consideration
at another conference or journal. Submitted papers must be at most six (6)
pages long, including all figures, tables, references, and appendices in
two-column 10pt ACM format. We also encourage industrial demos for which a
two-page extended abstract must be submitted in the same format as the
workshop papers. Papers and extended abstracts must include author names
and affiliations for single-blind peer reviewing by the PC. Authors of
accepted submissions are expected to present and discuss their work at the
workshop. Please submit your paper via https://nai21.hotcrp.com.

Please direct any questions to the workshop chairs at [email-masked]
.

*IMPORTANT DATES*

Submission deadline: May 31, 2021 (23:59:59, US ET)

Notification deadline: June 16, 2021

Camera-ready: June 30, 2021

Workshop: August 27, 2021

Best wishes
Qiao Xiang
-- 
Qiao Xiang
Professor, Xiamen University