Subject: [PANRG] When people think about multipath and phones as endpoints, they're probably thinking about this.

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 12:19:43 -0600

Dear PANRG,

I spent some time talking about multipath in a 5G context during open mike
time during today's meeting. That's (in 3GPP-speak) ATSSS ("

When QUIC had their multipath interim, some of us wrote
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonaventure-quic-atsss-overview/,
and I presented slides( at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2020-quic-02/materials/slides-interim-2020-quic-02-sessa-multipath-in-3gpp-atsss-00
).

That was approximately accurate in late 2020, although 3GPP has made some
changes since then (and is considering more).

Olivier also presented a hybrid access case (slides at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2020-quic-02/materials/slides-interim-2020-quic-02-sessa-hybrid-access-networks-and-requirements-on-mpquic-00
)

Taking a quick look at these slides would help you understand what 5G folks
tend to be talking about.

Best,

Spencer