Subject: [paws] I-D Action: draft-ietf-paws-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:17:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Protocol to Access WS database Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protocol to Access Spectrum Database
	Author(s)       : Vincent Chen
                          Subir Das
                          Lei Zhu
                          John Malyar
                          Peter J. McCann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-paws-protocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 78
	Date            : 2013-02-11

Abstract:
   Portions of the radio spectrum that are allocated to licensees are
   available for non-interfering use.  This available spectrum is called
   "White Space."  Allowing secondary users access to available spectrum
   "unlocks" existing spectrum to maximize its utilization and to
   provide opportunities for innovation, resulting in greater overall
   spectrum utilization.

   One approach to manage spectrum sharing uses databases to report
   spectrum availability to devices.  To achieve interoperability among
   multiple devices and databases, a standardized protocol must be
   defined and implemented.  This document defines such a protocol, the
   "Protocol to Access White Space database" (PAWS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-protocol

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-paws-protocol-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-paws-protocol-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Vincent Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:27:01 -0800

All,

I've uploaded a new version of the PAWS protocol draft to address
Extensibility, discussed at the last F2F.

Summary of changes:

 -  Added a description of message sequences to support multiple rule
      sets and multiple jurisdictions Section 3.1.
 -  Modified DeviceDescriptor (Section 5.2) to add rulesetIds
      parameter
 -  Modified RulesetInfo (Section 5.6), AvailableSpectrumResponse
      (Section 4.4.2) to add rulesetId parameter.
 -  Add Extensibility (Section 8) section.
 -  Filled in IANA (Section 9) section.
 -  Removed blank Example Messages section

Please note that the initial entries in Section 9 are FCC-specific, simply
because its rules have been finalized and we have a complete list of
required parameters. It is not intended to restrict the protocol to FCC.

Comments welcomed. Thanks.

-vince

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> paws mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/paws
>

-- 
-vince