Subject: [paws] RFC 6953 on Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) Databases: Use Cases and Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 08:27:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6953

        Title:      Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) 
                    Databases: Use Cases and Requirements 
        Author:     A. Mancuso, Ed.,
                    S. Probasco, B. Patil
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 53560
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6953.txt

Portions of the radio spectrum that are assigned to a particular use
but are unused or unoccupied at specific locations and times are
defined as "white space".  The concept of allowing additional
transmissions (which may or may not be licensed) in white space is a
technique to "unlock" existing spectrum for new use.  This document
includes the problem statement for the development of a protocol to
access a database of white-space information followed by use cases
and requirements for that protocol.  Finally, requirements associated
with the protocol are presented.

This document is a product of the Protocol to Access WS database Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC