Subject: [paws] RFC 7545 on Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) Databases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 17:50:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7545

        Title:      Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) 
                    Databases 
        Author:     V. Chen, Ed., S. Das, L. Zhu,
                    J. Malyar, P. McCann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      90
        Characters: 188634
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-paws-protocol-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7545

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7545

Portions of the radio spectrum that are allocated to licensees are
available for non-interfering use.  This available spectrum is called
"white space".  Allowing secondary users access to available spectrum
"unlocks" existing spectrum to maximize its utilization and to
provide opportunities for innovation, resulting in greater overall
spectrum utilization.

One approach to managing spectrum sharing uses databases to report
spectrum availability to devices.  To achieve interoperability among
multiple devices and databases, a standardized protocol must be
defined and implemented.  This document defines such a protocol, the
"Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) Databases".

This document is a product of the Protocol to Access WS database Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC