Subject: [Pce] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-pce-architecture-01.txt

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:55:53 -0600

Hi All,

Please review and comment on the updated "PCE Architecture" draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-pce-architecture-01.txt.  

Updates to the draft were made based on discussions of issues on the
list and at IETF-61.  Here is a summary of the changes:
1. Text added to Section 6.4: PCE should advertise its capabilities, for
example, set of constraints it can account for (diversity, SRLGs,
optical impairments, wavelength continuity, etc.).
2. Text added to Section 6.6: Path computation request should include if
near-disjoint paths acceptable.
3. Text added to Section 6.7: TED information can include info from
sources other than IGP (e.g. LSP routes, reserved bandwidth, measured
traffic volume).  Information needed to perform LSP re-optimization and
to reconfigure virtual network topology (VNT) lower layer (e.g.,
optical) paths.
4. Text added to Section 6.8: Elaborate on advantages of stateful PCE
and pitfalls of using stateful PCE in a distributed PCE environment.
5. Text added to Section 7: Evaluation metrics should include TED
synchronization speed and impact on the data flows.
6. Added Section 5.5 "Areas for Standardization": Identifies areas for
standardization based on PCE Charter.
7. Other editorial changes.

The PCE architecture document will be discussed at IETF-62.  It would be
a good time to raise comments and issues for discussion on the list
prior to the meeting.

Thanks,
Regards,
Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 10:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-pce-architecture-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Path Computation Element (PCE) Architecture
	Author(s)	: A. Farrel, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ash-pce-architecture-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2005-2-17
	
Constraint-based path computation is a fundamental building block for
traffic engineering systems such as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
and Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) networks. Path
computation in large, multi-domain, multi-region or multi-layers
networks is highly complex and may require special computational
components and cooperation between the different network domains.

This document specifies the architecture for a Path Computation Element
(PCE)-based model to address this problem space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-pce-architecture-01.txt

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce