Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PCC-PCE Communication Requirements for Inter-Layer Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: E. Oki
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2006-3-2
	
The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides functions of path 
computation in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol 
Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks. 
      
MPLS and GMPLS networks may be constructed from layered service 
networks. It is advantageous for overall network efficiency to 
provide end-to-end traffic engineering across multiple network 
layers. PCE is a candidate solution for such requirements. 
     
Generic requirements for a communication protocol between Path 
Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs are presented in "PCE 
Communication Protocol Generic Requirements". This document 
complements the generic requirements and presents a detailed set of 
PCC-PCE communication protocol requirements for inter-layer traffic 
engineering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: Eiji Oki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:30:24 +0900

Hi all,

A new version of the inter-layer PCC-PCE communication requirements has
been published:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-01.txt

Main changes:
- Texts related to the applicability of PCEs for inter-layer path
computation were moved to the applicability draft,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oki-pce-inter-layer-app-00.txt
- Section 5.1.2: New requirements on control of the type of path to be
computed, were added. The definition of mono-layer path and multi-layer
path was moved here from original section 4.
- Several texts were re-written for the sake of clarity.

Any comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Eiji

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 01:02:44 +0100

hi eiji

the doc mentions

"     A request from a PCC to a PCE MUST allow control of the type of the 
     path to be computed by selection from the following list: 
     - A mono-layer path that includes already established lower-layer 
     LSPs "

i am not sure to really understand the constaint you are referring to, per 
RFC4206 there is no distinction between a TE link being an FA or TE link 
being not sustained by an FA hence the same would apply for the 
information gathered by the PCE

thanks for clarifying 
- dimitri.

Eiji Oki <[email-masked]>
03/03/2006 05:30
 
        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        Re: [Pce] I-D 
ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-01.txt

Hi all,

Main changes:

Thank you.
Eiji

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:50:02 -0500
[email-masked] wrote:

>                Title                           : PCC-PCE Communication 
Requirements for Inter-Layer Traffic Engineering
>                "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-01.txt".

---

From: Eiji Oki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 19:40:38 +0900

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your comments. 
You are right. PCE cannot distinguish the difference with the IGP-TE.

It should be described as,
- A mono-layer path that is formed by a series of TE-links, which are
expressed with strict hop(s).

Eiji