Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-igp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 02:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IGP protocol extensions for Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery
	Author(s)	: J. Le Roux, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-igp-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2006-3-5
	
There are various circumstances in which it is highly desirable for a 
Path Computation Client (PCC) to be able to dynamically and 
automatically discover a set of Path Computation Element(s) (PCE), 
along with some of information that can used for PCE selection. When 
the PCE is an LSR participating to the IGP, or even a server 
participating passively to the IGP, a simple and efficient way for 
PCE discovery consists of relying on IGP flooding. For that purpose 
this document defines OSPF and ISIS extensions for the advertisement 
of PCE Discovery information within an IGP area or the entire routing 
domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-igp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-igp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-igp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: "Igor Bryskin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:24:46 -0500

Hi,

The following two PCE policy related drafts were presented on IETF64:

draft-berger-pce-policy-architecture-00.txt;

draft-bryskin-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp-00.txt

The former document has introduced among other things a policy element into
PCE architecture and provided policy related definitions. It was decided
that these definitions as well as some other topics described in the
document should belong to the PCE architecture document and were
incorporated into the draft-ietf-pce-architecture-04.txt.The rest of the
draft-berger-pce-policy-architecture-00.txt is merged with the
draft-bryskin-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp-00.txt into
draft-bryskin-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp-01.txt. The intention of the
merged document is to outline the policy enabled path computation framework
and stage up the work for creating the Path Computation Policy Information
Model (PCPIM) and the infrastructure for its support.Igor (and Dimitri and
Lou)

> Title : Policy-Enabled Path Computation Framework
> Author(s) : I. Bryskin, ey al.
> Filename : draft-bryskin-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp-01.txt
> Pages : 28
> Date : 2006-3-5
>
> The PCE architecture [PCE-ARCH] introduces the concept of policy in
> the context of path computation. This document provides additional
> details on policy within the PCE Architecture and also provides
> context for the support of PCE Policy. This document introduces the
> use of the Policy Core Information Model (PCIM) as a framework for
> supporting path computation policy. This document also provides
> configuration scenarios for the support of PCE Policy.
>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryskin-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp-01.txt
> "get draft-bryskin-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp-01.txt".
>
> "FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-bryskin-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp-01.txt".