Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol Generic Requirements
	Author(s)	: J. Le Roux, J. Ash
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-07.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-6-27
	
The PCE model is described in the "PCE Architecture" document and
   facilitates path computation requests from Path Computation Clients
   (PCCs) to Path Computation Elements (PCEs).  This document specifies
   generic requirements for a communication protocol between PCCs and
   PCEs, and also between PCEs where cooperation between PCEs is
   desirable.  Subsequent documents will specify application-specific
   requirements for the PCE communication protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:03:35 -0500

All,

The updated PCECP Generic Requirements draft is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-req
s-07.txt.

Changes are made to respond to the IESG DISCUSS comments at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=print_ballot&
ballot_id=2000&filename=draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs.  The main
changes are:

1. Section 6.1.3 (Transport) updated to require "The PCECP SHOULD
utilize an existing transport protocol that supports congestion
control."
2. Section 7 (Security Considerations) updated to require "Key
management MUST be provided by the PCECP to provide for the authenticity
and integrity of PCECP messages."
3. Section 6.1.9 (Secure Message Exchange) updated to discuss
confidentiality and authorization.

Changes made in response to the gen-art review include the following:

4. Eliminated Section 6.4 (Summary of Requirements) for the following
reasons:
- went on for almost 3 pages, not really a "summary"
- significantly increased length, wanted to limit to 10 pages
- not an exhaustive list (i.e., a summary), cannot eliminate reading all
of Section 6 in any case
- no such summary used in other requirements documents
5. Section 6.3.3 (LSP Rerouting & Reoptimization) updated to require
"The PCE MAY or MAY not take into account a failure indication carried
in a given request when handling subsequent requests.  This should be
driven by local policy decisions."
6. various other editorial changes.

Please let us know of any comments.

Thanks,
Jerry 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-07.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication
Protocol Generic Requirements
	Author(s)	: J. Le Roux, J. Ash
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-07.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-6-27

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-req
s-07.txt