Subject: [Pce] RFC 4657 on Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol Generic Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:48:53 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4657

        Title:      Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication 
                    Protocol Generic Requirements 
        Author:     J. Ash, Ed.,
                    J.L. Le Roux, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 45284
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4657.txt

The PCE model is described in the "PCE Architecture" document and
facilitates path computation requests from Path Computation Clients
(PCCs) to Path Computation Elements (PCEs).  This document specifies
generic requirements for a communication protocol between PCCs and
PCEs, and also between PCEs where cooperation between PCEs is
desirable.  Subsequent documents will specify application-specific
requirements for the PCE communication protocol.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:31:31 -0400

Thanks to the WG for this important Milestone and in particular to  
the authors who worked quite hard to address  a number of comments  
received on the documents. Next step on the PCECP requirements front,  
is now to complete the work on the other requirements IDs (inter- 
area, inter-AS, inter-layer).

Thanks.

JP and Adrian.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: September 22, 2006 5:48:53 PM EDT
> To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pce] RFC 4657 on Path Computation Element (PCE)  
> Communication Protocol Generic Requirements
>
>
> requirements for the PCE communication protocol.  This memo  
> provides information for the Internet community.
>