Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-path-key-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Preserving Topology Confidentiality in Inter-Domain Path Computation Using a Key-Based Mechanism
	Author(s)	: R. Bradford, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-path-key-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2007-9-12
	
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) 
   Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) may be 
   computed by Path Computation Elements (PCEs). Where the TE LSP 
   crosses multiple domains, such as Autonomous Systems (ASes), the 
   path may be computed by multiple PCEs that cooperate, with each 
   responsible for computing a segment of the path. However, in some 
   cases (e.g. when ASes are administered by separate Service 
   Providers), it would break confidentiality rules for a PCE to 
   supply a path segment to a PCE in another domain, thus disclosing 
   internal topology information. This issue may be circumvented by 
   returning a loose hop and by invoking a new path computation from 
   the domain boundary LSR during TE LSP setup as the signaling 
   message enters the second domain, but this technique has several 
   issues including the problem of maintaining path diversity. 
    
   This document defines a mechanism to hide the contents of a 
   segment of a path, called the Confidential Path Segment (CPS). The 
   CPS may be replaced by a path-key that can be conveyed in the PCE 
   Communication Protocol (PCEP) and signaled within in a Resource 
   Reservation Protocol TE (RSVP-TE) explicit route object.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-path-key-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-pce-path-key-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-path-key-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce