Subject: [Pce] Wavelength Switched Optical Networks -- revised draft available

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:09:41 -0700

Hello fellow, CCAMPers and PCEers,
a revised draft on wavelength switched optical networks entitled: 
"Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of Wavelength Switched Optical 
Networks" is now available at: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-01.txt

The intention is to have this document adopted as a working group draft 
at either CCAMP or PCE and use it to guide the various "solution" drafts 
that are being generated with respect to wavelength switched optical 
networks.

*Abstract: *
This memo provides a framework for applying Generalized Multi- Protocol 
Label Switching (GMPLS) and the Path Computation Element (PCE) 
architecture to the control of wavelength switched optical networks 
(WSON). In particular we provide control plane models for key wavelength 
switched optical network subsystems and processes. The subsystems 
include wavelength division multiplexed links, tunable laser 
transmitters, reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers (ROADM) and 
wavelength converters. Lightpath provisioning, in general, requires the 
routing and wavelength assignment (RWA) process. This process is 
reviewed and the information requirements, both static and dynamic for 
this process are presented, along with alternative implementation 
scenarios that could be realized via GMPLS/PCE and/or extended GMPLS/PCE 
protocols. This memo does NOT address optical impairments in any depth 
and focuses on topological elements and path selection constraints that 
are common across different WSON environments. It is expected that a 
variety of different techniques will be applied to optical impairments 
depending on the type of WSON, such as access, metro or long haul.

Regards

Greg B, Young L. and Wataru I.

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce