Subject: [Pce] RFC 5088 on OSPF Protocol Extensions for Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:14:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5088

        Title:      OSPF Protocol Extensions for Path 
                    Computation Element (PCE) Discovery 
        Author:     JL. Le Roux, Ed.,
                    JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    Y. Ikejiri, R. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 40936
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-ospf-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5088.txt

There are various circumstances where it is highly desirable for a
Path Computation Client (PCC) to be able to dynamically and
automatically discover a set of Path Computation Elements (PCEs),
along with information that can be used by the PCC for PCE selection.
When the PCE is a Label Switching Router (LSR) participating in the
Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP), or even a server participating
passively in the IGP, a simple and efficient way to announce PCEs
consists of using IGP flooding.  For that purpose, this document
defines extensions to the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing
protocol for the advertisement of PCE Discovery information within an
OSPF area or within the entire OSPF routing domain.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce