Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol (PCEP)
	Author(s)	: A. Ayyangar, E. Oki, A. Atlas, A. Dolganow, Y. Ikejiri, K. Kumaki, J. Vasseur, J. Le Roux
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-12.txt
	Pages		: 76
	Date		: 2008-3-25
	
This document specifies the Path Computation Element Communication
   Protocol (PCEP) for communications between a Path Computation Client
   (PCC) and a Path Computation Element (PCE), or between two PCEs.
   Such interactions include path computation requests and path
   computation replies as well as notifications of specific states
   related to the use of a PCE in the context of Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering.  PCEP
   is designed to be flexible and extensible so as to easily allow for
   the addition of further messages and objects, should further
   requirements be expressed in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:54:46 -0400

Hi,

While discussing other IDs in LC (BRPC, XRO), we found a few very cosmetic
changes that we should better handle in PCEPs (in rev-12).

We just introduce two error subcodes that are needed now so that we are
forward compatible.

Section 7.15
OLD
   3          Unknown Object
               Error-value=1: Unrecognized object class
               Error-value=2: Unrecognized object Type
   4          Not supported object
               Error-value=1: Not supported object class
               Error-value=2: Not supported object Type
NEW
   3          Unknown Object
               Error-value=1: Unrecognized object class
               Error-value=2: Unrecognized object type
               Error-value=3: Unrecognized subobject type
               Error-value=4: Unrecognized parameter

   4          Not supported object
               Error-value=1: Not supported object class
               Error-value=2: Not supported object type
               Error-value=3: Unsupported subobject type
               Error-value=4: Unsupported parameter
===
Section 7.15
OLD
   Error-Type=3 or Error-Type=4: if a PCEP message is received that
   carries a PCEP object (with the P flag set) not recognized by the PCE
   or recognized but not supported, then the PCE MUST send a PCErr
   message with a PCEP-ERROR object (Error-Type=3 and 4 respectively).
   In addition, the PCE MAY include in the PCErr message the unknown or
   not supported object.  The corresponding path computation request
   MUST be cancelled by the PCE without further notification.
NEW
   Error-Type=3 or Error-Type=4: if a PCEP message is received that
   carries a PCEP object (with the P flag set) not recognized by the PCE
   or recognized but not supported, then the PCE MUST send a PCErr
   message with a PCEP-ERROR object (Error-Type=3 and 4 respectively).
   If the object type or object class is unknown or unsupported, the PCE
   MAY include in the PCErr message the unknown or not supported object.
   Furthermore, if a subobject or parameter is unknown or unsupported,
   the PCE MAY include the parent object up to and including (but no
   further than) the unknown or unsupported subobject or parameter. In
   the case where the unknown or unsupported parameter is a bit flag, the
   included object should contain the whole bit flag field with all bits
   after the parameter at issue set to zero. The corresponding path
   computation request MUST be cancelled by the PCE without further
   notification.
===
Section 9.2.5
OLD
   3    Unknown Object                                     This document
          Error-value=1:                                   This document
            Unrecognized object class
          Error-value=2:                                   This document
            Unrecognized object Type

   4    Not supported object                               This document
          Error-value=1:
            Unsupported object class.                      This document
          Error-value=2:
            Unsupported object Type.                       This document

NEW
   3    Unknown Object                                     This document
          Error-value=1:                                   This document
            Unrecognized object class
          Error-value=2:                                   This document
            Unrecognized object type
          Error-value=3:                                   This document
            Unrecognized subobject type
          Error-value=4:                                   This document
            Unrecognized parameter

   4    Not supported object                               This document
          Error-value=1:
            Unsupported object class.                      This document
          Error-value=2:
            Unsupported object type.                       This document
          Error-value=3:
            Unsupported subobject type.                    This document
          Error-value=4:
            Unsupported parameter.                         This document
===

------ Forwarded Message
> From: <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-12.txt
> 
> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
> 
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

------ End of Forwarded Message