Subject: [Pce] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-of-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 05:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Encoding of Objective Functions in the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)
	Author(s)       : J. Le Roux, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-of-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-09-06

The computation of one or a set of Traffic Engineering Label Switched
Paths (TE LSPs) in MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks, is subject to a set of one or more
specific optimization criteria, referred to as objective functions
(e.g. minimum cost path, widest path, etc.).

In the Path Computation Element (PCE) architecture, a Path
Computation Client (PCC) may want a path to be computed for one or
more TE LSPs according to a specific objective function. Thus, the
PCC needs to instruct the PCE to use the correct objective function.
Furthermore, it is possible that not all PCEs support the same set of
objective functions, therefore it is useful for the PCC to be able to
automatically discover the set of objective functions supported by
each PCE.
This document defines extensions to the PCE communication Protocol
(PCEP) to allow a PCE to indicate the set of objective functions it
supports. Extensions are also defined so that a PCC can indicate in
a path computation request the required objective function, and so
that a PCE can report in a path computation reply the objective
function that was used for path computation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-of-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 13:16:09 +0100

Hi,

I added a reference to draft-farrel-rtg-common-bnf so that we can advance 
through the IESG.

Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 1:15 PM
Subject: [Pce] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-of-05.txt

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------