Subject: [Pce] Document Action: 'Inter-AS Requirements for the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:05:45 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Inter-AS Requirements for the Path Computation Element Communication 
   Protocol (PCEP) '
   <draft-ietf-pce-interas-pcecp-reqs-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-interas-pcecp-reqs-06.txt

Technical Summary

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a component that is capable 
   of computing constrained paths for (G)MPLS TE LSPs. The PCE
   Communication Protocol(PCEP) is defined to allow communication
   between Path Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs, and between PCEs.
   The PCEP is used to request constrained paths and to supply computed
   paths in response. Generic requirements for the PCEP are set out in
   "Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol Generic
   Requirements", RFC 4657. This document extends those requirements to
   cover the use of PCEP in support of inter-AS MPLS TE.

Working Group Summary

   Good WG consensus reported. 

Document Quality

   As a requirements document, this document is not subject to 
   implementation, although related protocol work has been done 
   in parallel. The document has been discussed and 
   reviewed by several key WG members including both co-chairs.
   Further, Sandy Murphy from the Security Directorate made a 
   thorough review of the document and Adrian Farrel has worked
   with the authors to address the comments. 

Personnel

   JP Vasseur is the document shepherd (although Adrian Farrel has
   also helped with document progression). Ross Callon is the 
   responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

  Section 1, second paragraph:
    OLD
      Three signaling options are defined for setting up an
      inter-AS TE LSP:
    NEW
      Three signaling options are defined for setting up an
      inter-AS TE Label Switched Path (LSP):

  Section 2 (“terminology”). Please add the following definition: 
    ASBR  Autonomous System Border Router (see section 3 of RFC4216)

  Please move figure 1 from the end of section 3 (right before 3.1)
  to be right after the first paragraph of section 3.    

  Section 4, first paragraph, last sentence, the word "perations"
  Should be "operations".

  Section 4.1.1,fifth bullet item. Change "SRLG" to
  "Shared Risk Link Group (SRLG)".

  Section 4.2, bulleted list: It has been suggested that the
  sub-bullets should use a different first character compared
  to the top level bullets. We will leave it to the RFC editor's
  discretion regarding how to handle this.

  Section 4.3, first paragraph, second sentence:
    OLD
      This document addresses new requirements that apply
      to inter-AS operations.
    NEW
      This document specifies new requirements that apply
      to inter-AS operations.

  Section 4.3, fifth paragraph, second sentence: Please remove the
  extra space between "The" and "PCEP".

  Section 8, first address; fourth line:
    OLD
      Waltham, MA 02451
    NEW
      Waltham, MA 02451 USA

  Section 8, please correct the email address for Raymond Zhang
  as follows:
    OLD
      [email-masked]
    NEW
      [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce