Subject: [Pce] How to handle a second TCP connection establishment request from peer?

From: "Iksoon Hwang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 16:54:00 +0100

Dear all,

According to section 7.15, if a PCEP peer detects an attempt from another
PCEP peer to establish a second PCEP session, it MUST send a PCErr message
with Error-type=9, Error-value=1. 

In section 6.2, it is mentioned that once the TCP connection has been
successfully established, the first message sent by the PCC to the PCE or by
the PCE to the PCC MUST be an Open message as specified in Appendix A. Any
message received prior to an Open message MUST trigger a protocol error
condition causing a PCErr message to be sent with Error-Type 'PCEP session
establishment failure' and Error-Value 'reception of an invalid Open message
or a non Open message' and the PCEP session establishment attempt MUST be
terminated by closing the TCP connection.

Then, in such a case, we have to exchange PCErr messages and I'm wondering
if it is necessary. I think it is better to mention that "once the TCP
connection has been successfully established, the first message sent by the
PCC to the PCE or by the PCE to the PCC MUST be either an Open message or an
Error message. Any other message received . ". 

Another question is that I'd like to know if it is appropriate to ignore the
second connection. In case of connection oriented protocols, we may have
resource mismatch problems, i.e. one assumes that a connection is already
released while the other is still holding it. If the second connection is
always ignored, we cannot have any connection between two peers before
resource mismatch problem is resolved.

Thanks in advance.

    Iksoon

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce