Subject: [Pce] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5521 (1775)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 00:49:37 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5521,
"Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Route Exclusions".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5521&eid=1775

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.1.1, pg. 6

Original Text
-------------
   Type
      The type of the subobject.  The following subobject types are
      defined.

      Type           Subobject
      -------------+-------------------------------
      1              IPv4 prefix
      2              IPv6 prefix
      4              Unnumbered Interface ID
      32             Autonomous system number
      34             SRLG

   Length
      [...]

   Prefix Length
      [...]

   Attribute
      The Attribute field indicates how the exclusion subobject is to be
      interpreted.

   0 Interface
      The subobject is to be interpreted as an interface or set of
      interfaces.  All interfaces identified by the subobject are to be
      excluded from the computed path according to the setting of the
|     X-bit.  This value is valid only for subobject types 1, 2, and 3.

   1 Node
      The subobject is to be interpreted as a node or set of nodes.  All
      nodes identified by the subobject are to be excluded from the
      computed path according to the setting of the X-bit.  This value
|     is valid only for subobject types 1, 2, 3, and 4.

   2 SRLG
      The subobject identifies an SRLG explicitly or indicates all of
      the SRLGs associated with the resource or resources identified by
      the subobject.  Resources that share any SRLG with those
      identified are to be excluded from the computed path according to
      the setting of the X-bit.  This value is valid for all subobjects.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Attribute
      The Attribute field indicates how the exclusion subobject is to be
      interpreted.

   Type
      [...]

   Length
      [...]

   Prefix Length
      [...]

   Attribute
      The Attribute field indicates how the exclusion subobject is to be
      interpreted.

      0 Interface
         The subobject is to be interpreted as an interface or set of
         interfaces.  All interfaces identified by the subobject are to
         be excluded from the computed path according to the setting of
         the X-bit.  This value is valid only for subobject types 1, 2,
|        and 4.
             ^

      1 Node
         The subobject is to be interpreted as a node or set of nodes.  
         All nodes identified by the subobject are to be excluded from
         the computed path according to the setting of the X-bit.  This
|        value is valid only for subobject types 1, 2, 4, and 32.
                                                       ^      ^^

      2 SRLG
         The subobject identifies an SRLG explicitly or indicates all of
         the SRLGs associated with the resource or resources identified
         by the subobject.  Resources that share any SRLG with those
         identified are to be excluded from the computed path according 
         to the setting of the X-bit.  This value is valid for all
         subobjects.

Notes
-----
Rationale:

a) Technical:
   The enumeration of subobject types for Attribute '0 Interface'
   and '1 Node' is out of sync with the table at the top of the page
   and the IANA registry (cf. Section 4.1 of this RFC, on page 13).
  
   The Corrected Text proposed above is based on the assumption that
   the figures given originally refer to the position of the
   subobjects in the table, i.e. that the subobjects in the table
   once had been assigned sequential type numbers, 1 through 5;
   this change seems to be technically reasonable.

b) Editorial: For clarity, the details for the Attribute field 
   values should have been indented one more step, making them
   visually subordinate to 'Attribute' and not appearing like
   additional common fields.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5521 (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-xro-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Route Exclusions
Publication Date    : April 2009
Author(s)           : E. Oki, T. Takeda, A. Farrel
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Path Computation Element
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG