Subject: [Pce] RFC 5671 on Applicability of the Path Computation Element (PCE) to Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering (TE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:10:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5671

        Title:      Applicability of the Path Computation 
                    Element (PCE) to Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) MPLS 
                    and GMPLS Traffic Engineering (TE) 
        Author:     S. Yasukawa, A. Farrel, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35176
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-app-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5671.txt

The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
functions in support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

Extensions to the MPLS and GMPLS signaling and routing protocols have
been made in support of point-to-multipoint (P2MP) Traffic Engineered
(TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).

This document examines the applicability of PCE to path computation
for P2MP TE LSPs in MPLS and GMPLS networks.  It describes the
motivation for using a PCE to compute these paths and examines which
of the PCE architectural models are appropriate.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute