Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:36:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensions to Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Hierarchical Path Computation Elements (PCE)
        Authors         : Fatai Zhang
                          Quintin Zhao
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Daniel King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The Hierarchical Path Computation Element (H-PCE) architecture,
   provides a mechanism to allow the optimum sequence of domains to be
   selected,and the optimum end-to-end path to be derived through the
   use of a hierarchical relationship between domains.

   This document defines the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP)
   extensions for the purpose of implementing Hierarchical PCE
   procedures which are described in the aforementioned document. These
   extensions are experimental and published for examination,
   discussion, implementation, and evaluation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:49:48 -0000

Hi All, 

A few discussion points for the H-PCE extensions I-D:

1. New OF: common transit domain diversity. Known as Minimize the number of
Common Transit Domains (MCTD). Useful? 

The actual description/proposal is documented in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dwpz-pce-domain-diverse-00#section-4.3. The
authors are suggesting it might be more efficient to include directly into
the H-PCE extensions I-D. 

2. Implementation Experience? 

We are planning to add an "Implementation Experience" section, as per
RFC6982. If you are prototyping/implementing it would be great if you can
send me any details of implementation that you wish to share (via the I-D).
Per RFC6982, the information I could use, includes:

   o  The organization responsible for the implementation, if any.

   o  The implementation's name and/or a link to a web page describing
      the implementation.

   o  A brief general description.

   o  The implementation's level of maturity: research, prototype,
      alpha, beta, production, widely used, etc.

   o  Coverage: which parts of the protocol specification are
      implemented and which versions of the Internet-Draft were
      implemented.

   o  Licensing: the terms under which the implementation can be used.
      For example: proprietary, royalty licensing, freely distributable
      with acknowledgement (BSD style), freely distributable with
      requirement to redistribute source (General Public License (GPL)
      style), and other (specify).

   o  Implementation experience: any useful information the implementers
      want to share with the community.

   o  Contact information: ideally a person's name and email address,
      but possibly just a URL or mailing list.

   In addition, this section can contain information about the
   interoperability of any or all of the implementations, including
   references to test-case descriptions and interoperability reports,
   when such exist.
<<

Br, Dan & Authors

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: February 14, 2014 9:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of
the IETF.

        Title           : Extensions to Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Hierarchical Path Computation Elements
(PCE)
        Authors         : Fatai Zhang
                          Quintin Zhao
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Daniel King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 04:03:05 +0000

Hi Dan and All,

> From: Pce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Daniel King
> Subject: Re: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-01.txt
> 
> Hi All,
> 

[DD] IMO along with OF, the domain-diverse bit in SVEC object is also suitable for the WG's H-PCE extn document. 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dwpz-pce-domain-diverse-00#section-4.1

> We are planning to add an "Implementation Experience" section, as per RFC6982.
> If you are prototyping/implementing it would be great if you can send me any
> details of implementation that you wish to share (via the I-D).
[DD] Huawei
>    o  The implementation's name and/or a link to a web page describing
[DD] n/a
>    o  A brief general description.
[DD] Hierarchical PCE (Parent) is used when the domain-sequence is unknown.
>       alpha, beta, production, widely used, etc.
[DD] Prototype
>       implemented and which versions of the Internet-Draft were
[DD] OPEN, RP, Domain-ID TLV etc.
Parent PCE determine domain-sequence.
Parent PCE computes end to end path.
>       style), and other (specify).
[DD] Proprietary
>       want to share with the community.
[DD] Used PCEP protocol itself to find the destination domain when unknown.
>       but possibly just a URL or mailing list.
[DD] Dhruv Dhody [[email-masked]]

Regards,
Dhruv

> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce