Subject: [Pce] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-03.txt

From: Olivier Dugeon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:21:27 +0100

Dear all,

We have update the draft with comments we received from PCEr's

Main change are:
  - Take into various comments about the domain/foreign/neighbour 
terminology. Finally choose 'remote' to federate the different cases
  - Update figure and add an example for Grey-Box model
  - Add more reference to BGP-LS
  - Add new reference to 
draft-farrel-interconnected-te-info-exchange-02.txt for TE exchange at 
inter-domain
  - Add new section about operational & synchronisation issue with 
reference to draft-clemm-netmod-yang-network-topo-01.txt for the 
database model.

Comments are welcome

Olivier et al.

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	New Version Notification for draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-03.txt
Date : 	Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:13:00 -0800
De : 	<[email-masked]>
Pour : 	Oscar Gonzalez de Dios <[email-masked]>, Julien Meuric 
<[email-masked]>, Richard Douville 
<[email-masked]>, Olivier Dugeon 
<[email-masked]>, Olivier Dugeon <[email-masked]>, 
Oscar Gonzalez de Dios <[email-masked]>, Ramon Casellas 
<[email-masked]>, Richard Douville 
<[email-masked]>, Ramon Casellas 
<[email-masked]>, Julien Meuric <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Olivier Dugeon and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs
Revision:	03
Title:		Path Computation Element (PCE) Database Requirements
Document date:	2014-02-14
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		18
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-03
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-03

Abstract:
    The Path Computation Element (PCE) working group (WG) has produced a
    set of RFCs to standardize the behavior of the Path Computation
    Element as a tool to help MPLS-TE and GMPLS LSP tunnels placement.
    In the PCE architecture, a main assumption has been done concerning
    the information that the PCE needs to perform its computation.  In a
    fist approach, the PCE embeds a Traffic Engineering Database (TED)
    containing all pertinent and suitable information regarding the
    network that is in the scope of a PCE.  Nevertheless, the TED
    requirements as well as the TED information have not yet been
    formalized.  In addition, some recent RFC (like the Backward
    Recursive Path Computation procedure or PCE Hierarchy) or WG draft
    (like draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce ...) suffer from a lack of
    information in the TED, leading to a non optimal result or to some
    difficulties to deploy them.  This memo tries to identify some
    Database, at large, requirements for the PCE.  It is split in two
    main sections: the identification of the specific information to be
    stored in the PCE Database and how it may be populated.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat