Subject: [Pce] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn-11

From: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 16:31:22 -0700

Reviewer: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

RFC8453 is an informational document that defines a Framework for Abstraction 
and Control of TE Networks (ACTN), with a well defined security considerations 
section.

This is an informational document that examines the applicability of Path 
Computation Element (PCE) to the ACTN, by adding PCE to the PNC and MDSC 
controllers.

The security considerations section seems to be aligned with the security of 
the ACTN framework, and the addition of PCE to the existing controllers does not
introduce new security concerns beyond what is already covered by the framework.

Regards,
 Rifaat