Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-10.txt> (Extensions to Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Hierarchical Path Computation Elements (PCE)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 12:51:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Extensions to Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP)
   for Hierarchical Path Computation Elements (PCE)'
  <draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-04-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Hierarchical Path Computation Element (H-PCE) architecture is
   defined in RFC 6805.  It provides a mechanism to derive an optimum
   end-to-end path in a multi-domain environment by using a hierarchical
   relationship between domains to select the optimum sequence of
   domains and optimum paths across those domains.

   This document defines extensions to the Path Computation Element
   Protocol (PCEP) to support Hierarchical PCE procedures.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3422/