Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 01:31:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Hierarchical Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE)
        Authors         : Dhruv Dhody
                          Young Lee
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Jongyoon Shin
                          Daniel King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-14.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2019-10-14

Abstract:
   A Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) maintains information on
   the current network state received from the Path Computation Clients
   (PCCs), including: computed Label Switched Path (LSPs), reserved
   resources within the network, and pending path computation requests.
   This information may then be considered when computing the path for a
   new traffic-engineered LSP or for any associated/dependent LSPs. The
   Path computation response from a PCE is helpful for the PCC to
   gracefully establish the computed LSP.

   The Hierarchical Path Computation Element (H-PCE) architecture
   provides an architecture to allow the optimum sequence of
   inter-connected domains to be selected, and network policy to be
   applied if applicable, via the use of a hierarchical relationship
   between PCEs.

   Combining the capabilities of Stateful PCE and the Hierarchical PCE
   would be advantageous. This document describes general considerations
   and use cases for the deployment of Stateful, and not Stateless, PCEs
   using the Hierarchical PCE architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/