Subject: [Pce] Suresh Krishnan's Discuss on draft-ietf-pce-association-diversity-12: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 20:29:50 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-association-diversity-12: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-association-diversity/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 5.3:
  Given the fairly relaxed handling of multiple OF-codes ("the receiver MUST
  consider the first OF-code only and ignore others if included") I think the
  error handling as specified in

"the OF-code inside the OF Object MUST include one of the disjoint OFs defined
in this document. If this condition is not met, the PCEP speaker MUST..."

needs to be tightened a bit since all the OF-codes but the first are ignored
for processing but still considered for error handling. Suggest something like
this

OLD:
the OF-code inside the OF Object MUST include one of the disjoint OFs defined
in this document.

NEW:
the first OF-code inside the OF Object MUST be one of the disjoint OFs defined
in this document.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the placeholder TBD8 is being used for two totally different
purposes (a new bit in the NO-PATH-VECTOR TLV and the Error-value for
DISJOINTNESS-CONFIGURATION-TLV missing) and this is confusing. Please
deconflict.