Subject: [Pce] Protocol Action: 'PCEP Extensions for Associating Working and Protection LSPs with Stateful PCE' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-stateful-path-protection-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:35:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PCEP Extensions for Associating Working and Protection LSPs with
   Stateful PCE'
  (draft-ietf-pce-stateful-path-protection-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-path-protection/

Technical Summary

An active stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) is capable of
computing as well as controlling via Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP) Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic
Engineering Label Switched Paths (MPLS LSP).  Furthermore, it is also
possible for an active stateful PCE to create, maintain, and delete
LSPs.  This document describes PCEP extension to associate two or
more LSPs to provide end-to-end path protection.

Working Group Summary

Nothing of concern.

Document Quality

One implementation is confirmed and at least 2 more have been
placed on product roadmaps.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Julien Meuric
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard