Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 09:34:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Updated Rules for Processing Stateful PCE Request Parameters Flags
        Author          : Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-01-23

Abstract:
   Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to support stateful Path Computation Elements (PCEs) are
   defined in RFC 8231.  One of the extensions is the Stateful PCE
   Request Parameters (SRP) object.  That object includes a Flags field
   that is a set of 32 bit flags, and RFC 8281 defines an IANA registry
   for tracking assigned flags.  However, RFC 8231 does not explain how
   an implementation should set unassigned flags in transmitted
   messages, nor how an implementation should process unassigned,
   unknown, or unsupported flags in received messages.

   This document updates RFC 8231 by defining the correct behaviors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 17:45:05 -0000

Hey WG!

Changes here are to address comments (and a Discuss) from the IESG.

The best thing to do (if you care) is to look at the diffs in the
datatracker. 

Questions and comments are (of course) welcome.

Best,
Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 23 January 2020 17:34
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Updated Rules for Processing Stateful PCE Request
Parameters Flags
        Author          : Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-01-23

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt