Subject: [Pce] RFC 8751 on Hierarchical Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:34:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8751

        Title:      Hierarchical Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) 
        Author:     D. Dhody,
                    Y. Lee,
                    D. Ceccarelli,
                    J. Shin,
                    D. King
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8751

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8751

A stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) maintains information on
the current network state received from the Path Computation Clients
(PCCs), including computed Label Switched Paths (LSPs), reserved
resources within the network, and pending path computation requests.
This information may then be considered when computing the path for a
new traffic-engineered LSP or for any associated/dependent LSPs. The
path-computation response from a PCE helps the PCC to gracefully
establish the computed LSP.

The Hierarchical Path Computation Element (H-PCE) architecture allows
the optimum sequence of interconnected domains to be selected and
network policy to be applied if applicable, via the use of a
hierarchical relationship between PCEs.

Combining the capabilities of stateful PCE and the hierarchical PCE
would be advantageous. This document describes general considerations
and use cases for the deployment of stateful, but not stateless, PCEs
using the hierarchical PCE architecture.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC