Subject: [Pce] RFC 8745 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for Associating Working and Protection Label Switched Paths (LSPs) with Stateful PCE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 14:52:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8745

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Extensions for Associating Working and 
                    Protection Label Switched Paths (LSPs) with 
                    Stateful PCE 
        Author:     H. Ananthakrishnan,
                    S. Sivabalan,
                    C. Barth,
                    I. Minei,
                    M. Negi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-stateful-path-protection-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8745

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8745

An active stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) is capable of
computing as well as controlling via Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP) Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic
Engineering (MPLS-TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs). Furthermore, it is
also possible for an active stateful PCE to create, maintain, and
delete LSPs. This document defines the PCEP extension to associate
two or more LSPs to provide end-to-end path protection.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC