Subject: [Pce] L2 flow specifications in draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 18:48:18 +0530

Hi WG,

While reviewing the L2 Flowspec document [1] in IDR, I noticed that a
change was made in the IANA consideration [2] where they are asking
for a new L2 Flow Specification Component Type registry, whereas
earlier they were requesting the codepoints from the existing
registry.

There is a need to align the PCEP Flowspec to handle L2 flow
specifications. We propose a new container TLV called L2 Flow Filter
TLV to carry the L2 Flow Specifications and maintain another registry
for this. The rest of the mechanism would remain the same.

The authors discussed this with chairs/AD and have a proposed update
at [4] with the diff at [5].

Please take a look and let us know if you have any objections to this
change or have any questions/suggestions.

Note that the document is out of the WG, and Julien will work with
Deborah on the next step to handle this change.

Thanks!
Dhruv, Adrian & Robin

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-l2vpn/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-l2vpn-15#section-6
[3] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-08#section-7
[4] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dhruvdhody/ietf/master/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-10.txt
[5] https://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht?url1=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-09&url2=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dhruvdhody/ietf/master/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-10.txt