Subject: [Pce] RFC 8800 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extension for Label Switched Path (LSP) Diversity Constraint Signaling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:52:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8800

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Extension for Label Switched Path 
                    (LSP) Diversity Constraint Signaling 
        Author:     S. Litkowski,
                    S. Sivabalan,
                    C. Barth,
                    M. Negi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-association-diversity-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8800

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8800

This document introduces a simple mechanism to associate a group of
Label Switched Paths (LSPs) via an extension to the Path Computation
Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) with the purpose of computing
diverse (disjointed) paths for those LSPs.  The proposed extension
allows a Path Computation Client (PCC) to advertise to a Path
Computation Element (PCE) that a particular LSP belongs to a
particular Disjoint Association Group; thus, the PCE knows that the
LSPs in the same group need to be disjoint from each other.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC