Subject: [Pce] Removing L2 from draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 19:26:25 +0530

Hi WG,

The draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec [1
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec/>] has been
in the RFC Ed Queue [2
<https://www.rfc-editor.org/cluster_info.php?cid=C349>] for the last 344
days because of a MISREF to draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-l2vpn [3
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-l2vpn/>]. The L2
flowspec in the IDR WG is waiting for the Flowspec V2 proposal [4
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2/>] and further
two independent implementations.

The authors discussed a way to untangle this by removing the L2-related
(rather late additions) from this I-D and moving into a separate I-D. We
discussed this with both past and current responsible ADs and we have their
blessings for this straightforward removal of L2 Flow Filter TLV so that we
can make progress.

Please find the Diff [5
<https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-12&url2=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dhruvdhody/ietf/master/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-12-remove-l2.txt>]
and txt [6
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dhruvdhody/ietf/master/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-12-remove-l2.txt>]
with the limited changes. Please let us know if you have any comments or
concerns. We would also be reaching out to the RFC Editor in parallel.

Thanks!
Dhruv (on behalf of co-authors)

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec/
[2] https://www.rfc-editor.org/cluster_info.php?cid=C349
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-l2vpn/
[4] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2/
[5]
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-12&url2=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dhruvdhody/ietf/master/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-12-remove-l2.txt
[6]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dhruvdhody/ietf/master/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-12-remove-l2.txt

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 18:59:46 +0530

Hi WG,

The L2 portion of the I-D has been moved to an independent I-D
draft-li-pce-pcep-l2-flowspec [1] and the PCEP FlowSpec I-D is no longer in
the MISREF state [2].

Since the text already had WG consensus when it was part of the
draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec, it would make sense for a quick WG adoption
and further sync up with the progress made in the IDR WG as a PCE WG I-D.

As an author, I would recuse and request Julien to consider the course of
action!

Thanks!
Dhruv (with my chair hat firmly off)

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-pce-pcep-l2-flowspec/
[2] https://www.rfc-editor.org/current_queue.php

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 7:27 PM Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]> wrote:

> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec/>] has
> been in the RFC Ed Queue [2
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-l2vpn/>]. The
> L2 flowspec in the IDR WG is waiting for the Flowspec V2 proposal [4
> discussed this with both past and current responsible ADs and we have
> their blessings for this straightforward removal of L2 Flow Filter TLV so
> that we can make progress.
>
> Please find the Diff [5