Subject: [Pce] Early code point allocation for draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:50:04 +0530

Hi WG,

We have received a request from the authors of
draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6 for an early code point allocation for
the codepoints listed in Section 9 -
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6#section-9
.

RFC 7120 requires to meet the following criteria to proceed:

b. The format, semantics, processing, and other rules related to
handling the protocol entities defined by the code points
(henceforth called "specifications") must be adequately described
in an Internet-Draft.
c. The specifications of these code points must be stable; i.e., if
there is a change, implementations based on the earlier and later
specifications must be seamlessly interoperable.

If anyone believes that the draft does not meet these criteria or believes
that early allocation is not appropriate for any other
reason, please send an email to the PCE mailing list explaining why. If the
chairs hear no objections by Wednesday, November 8th, we will kick off the
early allocation request.

Thanks!
Dhruv & Julien