Subject: [Pce] Early code point allocation for draft-ietf-pce-multipath

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:50:53 +0530

Hi WG,

We have received a request from the authors of draft-ietf-pce-multipath for
an early code point allocation for the codepoints listed in

- Section 9.1 PCEP Object
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-pce-multipath-05.html#section-9.1
- Section 9.2 PCEP TLV
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-pce-multipath-05.html#section-9.2
- Section 9.3 PCEP-Error
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-pce-multipath-05.html#section-9.3

RFC 7120 requires to meet the following criteria to proceed:

b. The format, semantics, processing, and other rules related to
handling the protocol entities defined by the code points
(henceforth called "specifications") must be adequately described
in an Internet-Draft.
c. The specifications of these code points must be stable; i.e., if
there is a change, implementations based on the earlier and later
specifications must be seamlessly interoperable.

If anyone believes that the draft does not meet these criteria or believes
that early allocation is not appropriate for any other reason, please send
an email to the PCE mailing list explaining why. If the chairs hear no
objections by Thursday, April 14th, we will kick
off the early allocation request.

Thanks!
Dhruv & Julien