Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 19:09:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Carrying Binding Label/Segment Identifier (SID) in PCE-based Networks.
        Authors         : Siva Sivabalan
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Cheng Li (editor)
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-15.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2022-03-20

Abstract:
   In order to provide greater scalability, network confidentiality, and
   service independence, Segment Routing (SR) utilizes a Binding Segment
   Identifier (SID) (called BSID) as described in RFC 8402.  It is
   possible to associate a BSID to an RSVP-TE-signaled Traffic
   Engineering Label Switched Path or an SR Traffic Engineering path.
   The BSID can be used by an upstream node for steering traffic into
   the appropriate TE path to enforce SR policies.  This document
   specifies the concept of binding value, which can be either an MPLS
   label or Segment Identifier.  It further specifies an extension to
   Path Computation Element (PCE) communication Protocol(PCEP) for
   reporting the binding value by a Path Computation Client (PCC) to the
   PCE to support PCE-based Traffic Engineering policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts