Subject: [PCN] Summary

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:42:15 +0200

Summary

A "controlled load (CL) region" consists of ingress and egress gateways 
(routers) and of interior routers. An admission control (AC) function 
explicitly admits flows that want to use the CL service of the CL region 
and that enter and leave the region at its ingress and egress routers. 
The ingress and egress gateways are also called border routers and the 
overall CL traffic between two border routers is called a 
"border-to-border (b2b) CL aggregate". The flows need traffic 
descriptors that are enforced by a policing function at the ingress 
routers and they may also be used for the admission decision.

Each link in such a CL region is associated with a configurable 
"admissible CL link rate" and a configurable "supportable CL link rate" 
whereby the supportable CL link rate is usually significantly larger 
than the admissible CL link rate. When a link carries more traffic than 
its admissible link CL rate, no additional flows should be admitted to 
the network. Although flows are only admitted as long as the admissible 
CL link rate is not exceeded, the admitted traffic on a link can exceed 
the supportabl31/888-6632
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn