Subject: RE: [PCN] call for PCN BOF agenda slots and discussion items

From: "Anna Charny \(acharny\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:43:15 -0400

Hi Ken, 

>just a thought, but if someone is going to give a presentation on
"should
>item X" be within scope of the WG, it would really be cool if they
could 
>also act as their own devil's advocate and toss up a reason or two as
to
>why it should not.  this "other view" could either come from what they
>saw posted on the list related to the subject, or their own opinion
given
>that there are trade-offs in every decision/direction.  my thought
behind >this is that it may shorten the given-and-take at the mike by
getting to >the heart of a potential debate as soon as possible.

Sounds like generically good advice for a balanced presentation of ones
views :-)

>also, awhile back on the list, there was the thought of presenting some

>simulation work as a way of strengthening some earlier stated
positions. 

My understanding is that the promised simulations were not so much in
favor of strengthening any particular positions but rather the primary
goal of them was to demonstrate technical feasibility of and/or
highlight problems with the currently proposed solutions. 

>my observations in the past when seeing simulation results is that 
>presenters end up showing too many and the audience gets lost looking
at
>the trees from the forest.  it would be nice if we the audience could 
>catch the point with as few simulation results as possible (like 1 or
2?? >:-).  and if further results exists, just point us to a website.

The plan was to post the simulations but actually not spend any time
discussing them at the BOF.  Note that the simulations are not currently
on the proposed agenda. Of course if there are any questions on those
that cannot be answered on the list or if a strong need to add it to the
agenda becomes evident, that can change.   

Regards,
Anna

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn