Subject: [PCN] call for PCN BOF agenda slots and discussion items

From: "Anna Charny \(acharny\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:37:02 -0400

Dear all,

PCN BOF draft agenda has been posted to the list. We are soliciting
agenda slot requests and agenda items for the BOF. Note that we are
looking to discuss issues rather than make presentations about Internet
drafts.

Two issues currently raised on the list are:

- should handling 911 calls in the PCN region be within the scope of the
PCN WG (should it be created)

- should PCN over MPLS be within the scope of the PCN WG (should it be
created)

A partial set of other issues raised on the list so far is available
from
http://standards.nortel.com/pcn/ProblemStatementDraftIssuesList.txt. 

The site http://standards.nortel.com/pcn (courtesy Kwok Chan) also
contains the proposed charter, BOF description and initial draft agenda,
as well as the Problem Statement draft. 

Please send us agenda requests by 6 pm ET October 15. Also a reminder
that -00 draft submission deadline is 9:00 ET October 16.

Best Regards,

Anna and Scott

PCN BOF Chairs

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn

---

From: ken carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 06:38:55 -0400

> - should PCN over MPLS be within the scope of the PCN WG (should it be

just a thought, but if someone is going to give a presentation on  
"should item X" be within scope of the WG, it would really be cool if  
they could also act as their own devil's advocate and toss up a  
reason or two as to why it should not.  this "other view" could  
either come from what they saw posted on the list related to the  
subject, or their own opinion given that there are trade-offs in  
every decision/direction.  my thought behind this is that it may  
shorten the given-and-take at the mike by getting to the heart of a  
potential debate as soon as possible.

also, awhile back on the list, there was the thought of presenting  
some simulation work as a way of strengthening some earlier stated  
positions.  my observations in the past when seeing simulation  
results is that presenters end up showing too many and the audience  
gets lost looking at the trees from the forest.  it would be nice if  
we the audience could catch the point with as few simulation results  
as possible (like 1 or 2?? :-).  and if further results exists, just  
point us to a website.

cheers,

-ken